Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in review

Happy New Year's Eve! Do you have fun plans? I'm having some friends over.

I thought I'd post a photo summary of some things I did this year, along with links back to older entries that you may want to check out if you are new.

Lots of things happened in 2010, many of them negative, but let's focus on the good things in this post:

January: Well, I was going to post a photo to represent something from January, but I realized I didn't have much to choose from. January was pretty uneventful for me, which is fine. I mostly bird watched and stayed indoors. I'm so crazy!


February: The biggest event was that my mom came to visit me (without my dad!) so she could attend a women's conference where I'd be teaching a photography workshop. I also finally hung pictures around my place after a few months of bare walls.


March: I enjoyed the cherry trees in full bloom, had an Easter party and started getting into blogging.


April: My former-roommate and current friend, Holly, visited from Colorado and helped me practice portrait photography.


April: I also tried to take advantage of the flowery season and visited a garden or two. I went a little crazy on dogwood photos.


May: I visited the Iris Garden. Twice.


June: My sister and her oldest daughter visited. I ended up pinching a nerve in my neck, so our outings were limited. We were able to go to the Japanese Garden, though.


July: I met my family in Tahoe for Independence Day weekend. We also visited Virginia City.


July: I also grew butterflies, thanks to a gift from Holly. It was fascinating and I learned so much! I blogged about the process and you can see all the posts by clicking here (though the top entry is the last, so read them in reverse).


August: Nothing major to report. I posted about my visit to a garden.


September: I went whale watching for the first time! It was a great day in an otherwise sucktacular month.


October: I went to visit my sister in New Mexico during the annual Balloon Fiesta. It was a great photo op and I posted several entries: the wildlife, balloons (day and night) and the walk around the bosque. I also visited the Oregon Garden and my family in CA, but I don't want to bog you down with links.


November: I did a lot of baking, spent Thanksgiving weekend with friends and took a lot of pictures. It was a pretty good month, as far as I can recall (like it was so long ago).


This is still November. Fog + fall color = yay!


December: This was a busy month. My friend D visited in early December, but we didn't have a chance to do a portrait session. Hopefully when she visits in February. :) We did go to Silver Falls, though.


In mid-December, my church teamed up with another for a concert. It was fun and we performed in a pretty building that I had never been to. I didn't post about it, but here are a couple of photos I took with my point-and-shoot.


December: I did a lot of portrait photography, both casually and for work-reasons. Feel free to click on my portraits topic to see some of my photos over the past year or so.


December: When I went to visit family in CA for Christmas, I took lots of pictures of my nieces (as usual).

So far I haven't made any major plans for 2011, but I hope to do more portrait photography, read more than I did in 2010 (I finished 30 books, but as a non-wife and non-mom, I should be doing better than that), take a real trip that doesn't involve visiting family (no offense, guys!), blog more consistently, gain more readers, and cook more. I have several other little goals but will talk about them over time.

Thanks to those of you who follow this blog--I really appreciate it and it helps keep me working harder at photography, etc. Let's have a really awesome 2011.

8 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed following your blog. I look forward to more in 2011. :) Thanks so much! -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is excellent. I love your dogwood photos.
    Can you teach me? =D Seriously, I need to attend a conference or worship or class or something!!!
    on an excited and happy note, my zoom lens (550-250)arrived today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos and comments. I plan to visit your blog (and R's) more in 2011. Thanks, love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm finally commenting on the blog instead of silently reading. I enjoyed this look back...and it's weird how fast times flies. I didn't think your sister's visit was all the way back in June!!!

    Lovely photos, as always. :)
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha, I'm happy to answer any questions you have (that I actually can answer :P) and I hope to do more photo tutorials on my blog.

    Mom - Yay, you commented! :) It's okay, I know you're super busy.

    Hi Anna! Thanks for the comment. I didn't know you had blogs, but I just checked and it looks like they aren't kept up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'm definitely not a blogger. :\ I basically use the account just to comment on other people's blogs. And one of mine was a school project (lest you think I was a nerd for fun with my Couperin) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to having a portrait session with you! I seriously need some for "professional" use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the May collage and the April pics!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...