Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tahoe Trip - pictures that do not contain people

Ooooookay, I'm back. I took way too many photos, but you're only going to see a small sampling. I try to save my good photos for this blog (and subject my family and close friends to the bad ones), so that narrows it down a lot. Considering "good" is relative to the entire set of photos in question, you can imagine that the rest from this trip are not so hot. It seemed that during most of the trip, we were either in overly-low light indoors or harsh afternoon sun outside.

I'm going to split these up into two posts--one for non-people and one for people. Get ready for some non-people!


Friday we went to the beach. Most of my photos from that contain people, so this is all you get. :) If you've ever been to Lake Tahoe, you know the water is icy cold, but I still swam in it a little. It's sort of tradition, plus I know my nieces and nephews liked having an adult join them in the water.


Saturday we went to Virginia City. I hadn't been since I was a kid, and my only memory was the cemetery and some sort of candy my dad must've bought for us. There are wild horses in this part of Nevada, though I only saw one from a long distance on our drive home.




After spending time in the old town area and riding the train, we headed to the cemetery on our way out.


My dad used to be more into photography and we had a few of his photos from this cemetery hanging on our walls growing up, so it was fun to go back and see the same scenes. The sky was super blue pretty much during my whole trip.


I saw a couple of lizards and followed them around to get photos.


I don't know if it's obvious that the photo on the right is of a lizard.


That grave"stone" is made of wood, so it's splitting.






Looking back from the cemetery to town.


If you haven't noticed yet, I like taking pictures of shapy/patterny things, like fences, iron work, and of course the garden spikes!


I guess I'm ending this post on a photo of food! I tried to take pictures of various meals since people seem to enjoy food pictures, but not many of them turned out very well. This was a pork and crab quesadilla my brother-in-law made for me, though. We were making use of leftover meats in the fridge.

Okay, stay tuned for the peoply set tomorrow. Thanks to all of you who answered my question about your Fourth. :P It's a crazy party here at my blog! The crickets and I get a lot of quality time together.

10 comments:

  1. I love the cemetery photos. Makes me want to go explore.

    Oh, and I didn't do anything in order to make the 4th The Fourth. Hmm. Oh I went and walked over a new bridge that was opening. And wandered through some International Tartan Day festivities on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Well you have a good excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some gorgeous pics! I especially love the white steeple, the fence right after that, the lizard...ok there were a lot of good ones : )

    Man the sky is blue! Gorgeous!

    I like the idea of seeing your dad's photos in real life. That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! That's very nice.

    Yeah, we had seen them when he took them, but I was probably 6, so I don't remember a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some really great shots. I didn't know you saw one of the wild horses -- I didn't see any when I was there. And I love the lizard pics, fence/shapey pics. Great job. Love the beach umbrella for its fun colors! Thanks for sharing these. -R

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! The steeple picture is one of my favorites, and I like the lizard, too.

    I really dig the layout of your blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these. The graveyard shot looks interesting.

    Well you already know how my Fourth was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I *still* (after all this time) can't get over how good you are with that camera!

    -- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for comments!!

    R - Yeah, Mom saw some (or what we thought were..) running down in the valley and I looked over in time to see one brown dot running by.

    Rachael - Thanks! Oh thanks about the blog--I'm actually thinking of designing a new picture, but I will keep the layout as is. I'm glad it seems to work okay.

    Brenda - :) Thanks.

    Shannon - Thank you! If you knew how many photos I took, you'd see that it's just luck that I turn out with some decent ones out of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The graveyard shots are pretty cool!

    I LOVE the umbrella too!

    AND, I love using leftovers for quesadillas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...