Friday, July 30, 2010

Photo Contest

Happy Friday!

I'm entering the state fair photo contest again, and my prints just arrived in the mail. If they get chosen to be displayed (I think at least 30% do), I'll show you which ones they are (though you have already seen them here). (Could I use more parentheses?) I'm too unsure of myself to show you now and then find out they were rejected. Although, last year I discovered that I don't necessarily agree with the judges, as many of the winning photos seemed just okay to me. Mine was chosen to display, which was thrilling since it was my first entry into that contest. Then I saw the others that were chosen and the compliment didn't feel quite as complimentary anymore. Especially since I had received the minimum score to make it to the show.

But I'm entering again, just for the fun of it. It's nice, because they send you the scores you received from the judges. This time I chose two photos. I wanted to have larger prints made (last year mine looked so tiny compared to the others!), but it gets expensive, and I wasn't in the mood to spend so much. Especially since the ones I am submitting aren't necessarily the kind I'll hang on my wall later.


Now, for funzies (as my sister and brother-in-law would say), this is the one I submitted last year. It's kind of a cliche subject, but I liked how it turned out.





Here it is hanging up at the fair. It's hard to tell that it looked small, but it really did. Yeah, I see the sign. I obviously took this on the sly with my cell phone, and maybe I should be locked up in jail, but I think it should be allowed for the actual photographer to take a quick photo of their own picture! I wanted a record of it hanging up.

6 comments:

  1. I'd like to see the ones you submitted even if they don't get accepted : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh are you asking for special privileges?

    I thought I told you which ones, but even if I did, I don't expect you to remember what they look like. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yeah I'm asking for special privileges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too, please. :) -R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're entering again! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...