Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sugar Cookies


Happy August! Yesterday I was planning to go watch some movies with friends, and I suddenly had the urge to bake cookies for them. These sugar cookies are what I chose, and they ended up tasting a lot like snickerdoodles without the cinnamon. They were good, and I received compliments. Also, they stay chewy/soft after they cool, which is nice.

I used this recipe with very minor adjustments.

Ingredients

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar, plus some for coating the cookies
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
  3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
  4. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
  5. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, roll in sugar to coat, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  6. Bake 8 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I'll have some, please. Those cookies look scrumptious. And the photos themselves are just fabuloso! Did you make pie yet? -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    If I made pie, I'd post about it. :) I said I wasn't planning to make any until fall at the earliest. Unless I get some weird urge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Photogenic cookies. Very pretty. :-)
    And, yes, they look like they must be just the right amount of chewy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - yeah, the perfectly round ones usually photograph well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look amazing! I will have to try them - I'm always looking for a good sugar cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...