Monday, July 12, 2010

Artichoke omelet


I was going to write down the recipe for this, but doesn't everyone know how to make an omelet? And if not, you can get better instructions from someone else. I will tell you the ingredients I used, though. Choose your own amounts:

Eggs
Salt and pepper
Greek yogurt
Chives
Artichoke hearts
Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses

I mixed up the egg stuff last night and refrigerated it until this morning. I wasn't sure about that, but it seemed fine. I was trying to save a little time and effort, and it seems like something I can do more often.

The only problem was that last night I was all excited about breakfast, but by the time I woke up and was ready to make it, nothing sounded good. Typical Morning Jessica. So I probably didn't enjoy it as much as I could have, but it's good and I'll make it again. There are probably some other good things you can add to it, though.. I didn't look up an actual recipe (who does that for omelets?). I bet some chicken would be good in it! Maybe some additional spices. I'm a moron when it comes to spices--I don't even know how to pronounce many of them, let alone what dishes they work best in.

I feel like making some other type of omelet tomorrow morning. Or maybe just eggs, because I think I prefer scrambled up eggs to an omelet. (What about you?)

I'd like to post more recipes, but lately I've been such a laze about cooking. Soon, though, children. Soon. I know there's no where else online to get recipes, so I'll try to be speedy lest you starve.

8 comments:

  1. That looks really good! I've never eaten the heart (or any other part) of an artichoke. They look...complicated. In what form would you recommend artichoke for the uninitiated?:-P

    I prefer scrambled eggs mostly because they're easier to make.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? I love them, but they are kind of pricy and complicated, as you say. You definitely need to start with fresh, though. These were canned because it's cheaper (and easier), but it's really not the same. The fresh ones give you the experience of prepping and eating the leaves (well, a tiny part of them), and the heart of fresh is sooooooo much better. If I were rich and not famous, I'd have my chef cut up the hearts of fresh ones. :) That sounds twisted.

    I saw this blog post the other day that explains artichoke prepping and eating:

    http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_cook_and_eat_an_artichoke/

    We grew up eating them with mayo, but my dad always used butter and later we had them with ranch. But they're even good plain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *heart* artichokes so much. :) Sorry that Morning Jessica got in the way of you enjoying your omelet.

    Alas, I probably won't ever eat this omelet recipe because you included my nemesis ... Greek yogurt. Oh wells. -R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! I would way rather eat an omelet but I've never made one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bruths, R! You don't have to use Greek yogurt, I'm just saying what I used, because it was on hand. You can use milk or even water.

    Katrina: You've never made one? Why the heck not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them scrambled with STUFF in them because it is the least amount of work. I'm lazy. Try a mix with a little onion, canned green chiles, and bell pepper and Cumin. Mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I like stuff with my eggs, too--I very rarely eat them plain. Onions and chiles are great! I don't really eat bell pepper. :) I don't know how to pronounce cumin but I know it's associated with Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer scrambled, but that omelet looked REALLY good. Too bad Morning Jessica isn't more appreciative!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...