Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Importantness

Oooooookay. I'm behind on blogging. Tonight I have side-job work to catch up on, so I can't do any complicated, pictury posts, but I will tell you what's ahead and some other nonsense:

1. Last night I took some family portraits. I was a bit nervous but all went well. It helps to photograph a super nice and cooperative family. Pictures to come!

2. While I was at work, my butterflies all hatched and I missed it. :( I will post more about that soon.

3. My friend posted this hilarious video in her blog, so now I have to share it. "...revealing my tattoo, so you know I have a past."

4. Every day, a friend and I exchange "SQ" scores. That's the daily Set and Quiddler puzzles that are available. I think my Set record is 23 seconds, but most of the time it takes me somewhere in the one- to two-minute range, if I don't give up first. I'm impatient.

5. I've never made my own lemonade, but today I was reminded that it's possible, so now I will. Life is too short to put off stirring up some lemon juice, water and Truvia.

6. I've also never made a pie, so it's one of my lesser-known 2010 goals (and is now more important than ever, since I ditched my goal of reading 50 books). I came across this Amish Egg Nog Pie recipe months ago and decided I should start with that. Maybe closer to fall. I know probably half of you are gagging, since eggnog isn't a fav for lots of people, but something about it sounded intriguing. I'm not huge on eggnog myself--I'll have a glass or two around the holidays--but I like the flavoring in other sorts of desserts.

7. If the fall and winter didn't mean super short days and driving home from work in the dark, I'd not dread it as much. But I'd still dread it some, because the rain tires me. How convenient that I live here. Not that I've been giving those seasons much thought yet.. we're still in July. Don't be crazy!

8. One day soon, I will update my blog design, and the world will be a better place.

9. I've been on a long search for the perfect pillow, and sometimes it feels like this journey will never end.

10. It feels wrong to end at nine items.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that video. Oh man, I'm so passing that along.

    Sorry you missed your butterfly hatchage. I'm looking forward to pics of their transformed selves though.

    So ... you've made the switch from Splenda to Truvia. How is it?

    C has an awesome pie crust recipe if you want it - email if you'd like it.

    It is so totally wrong to end at 9 items, so I'm so glad you didn't. :) -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. R, you are quick! I just posted! I'm glad I have at least one eager reader. :D Thank you.

    Yeah, that video is....well, reminds me of somewhere. :)

    Is the pie crust nice and thick and delicious and not like ultra-crunchy?

    I still use Splenda a bit, but hear bad things, while Stevia is supposedly better for you. So.. yeah, I try to use Truvia or other Stevia-ish things if possible. I don't really know all that much about it. I have found Truvia has more of a sugary texture, so that appeals to me (even if it makes it harder to stir in to something).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the linkback! :)

    Never made a pie?!? That really surprises me! I have a few good pie recipes but most of them are fallish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'll have to relink people once you move. :D

    For some reason it's just one of those desserts that I'm not excited enough about to actually make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C's pie crust is soooo delicious (sometimes I like it more than the rest of the pie!). It's not too crunchy. It's light and flaky, but still holds up to standard pie fillers. Oh man, he made a butterscotch pie a couple days ago and it's my new favorite pie of all time. I'm craving it just mentioning it. But he uses the same crust recipe for all his pies and quiche.

    I haven't tried Stevia/Truvia. I only use Splenda and Equal in a pinch. Never the pink packets ... blehhh. Of course real old-fashioned sugar gets used in all the pies/desserts C makes. -R

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why make pie when we live in a world with cheesecake?

    I didn't get the video at all. Not real shocking I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because cheesecake is more complicated. I haven't made that either.. I don't have one of those fancy pans.

    Yeah, it's just funny because soooooo many churches follow pretty much that exact formula for their Sunday morning worship service.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Butterscotch pie.. hm. I'm not sure if that sounds appealing or not, only because I do NOT like butterscotch pudding. It seems wrong. But I believe you if you say it's good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...