Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring

Yesterday was the first day of spring, and the weather was appropriately spring-like. SO NICE. I went a few places to get some photos, though I didn't really take all that many. Still, I can share a few here. Please excuse the vague descriptions...


Here's a blossomy tree.


The lovely cherry trees. I take the same pictures each year--some of you are probably bored right now. :P




Nothing special about this photo, but I like white daffodils (and most white flowers).


A nearby wildlife refuge has a nice trail. It's still a little early, so it's obviously not lush, but it was nice to get out in nature anyway. I'll probably go back in a few months when it's greener.




I'm not even sure I like this photo, but it's kind of springy looking. I had the wrong lens on when I took it, so it didn't really turn out as I wanted, but I was too lazy to switch lenses.

Is it springy where you live?

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! And I never get tired of your photos either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHH! I want spring! We had 3-5 inches of snow yesterday. These are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love cherry blossom trees. That's one thing I'll miss about DC is how beautiful it was in the spring with all the cherry blossoms blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canticles: You guys have had the weirdest winter! Thank you. :)

    Emily: My friend in DC talks about that. I'd like to see that sometime. But don't they have them in Nashville?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never get tired of cherry tree photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are beautiful!!! I LOVE the cherry trees! And the birds... and the trail... everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!! That very first picture...that's right by where I come and go from parking underground at work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops..you made me realize I had a messed up link for the first photo! So you mean the second one. That's cool--so you're always in the know about those trees. I'll have to ask you about it next year...usually I just try to drive by to check on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, yes, the second picture now. Yes, those trees and I are special friends...first thing I see each morning and almost last thing I see most nights.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...