Monday, March 29, 2010

Chicken Piccata

Some of you might've noticed that my last post had some broken images on it. It was being really strange, so I fixed it and also added a couple more pictures, including one of my friend K. Go back and see them, if you'd like!



Now for a recipe that P had requested I post. I don't think she actually wants to cook it, though, so I'm not quite sure why I'm posting it. ;) I made this for her and a couple other friends awhile back.

This turned out well, but next time I will make more sauce (maybe double or triple the recipe, depending on how much pasta and chicken I'm using). The flavor was good, though. Here is the recipe I used (I got it from AllRecipes.com), and I will note some changes I did in parentheses:

Chicken Piccata

1 3/4-pound whole skinless boneless chicken breast, halved lengthwise (I used the "tenders" and cut them into smaller pieces)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used olive)
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon drained bottled capers, chopped (I doubled this because I like capers)
3 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves (I didn't mince them--just chopped them up a little)
Cream (I added about a quarter cup, but it could stand some more).

Preparation
Halve the chicken pieces horizontally with a sharp knife and flatten them slightly between sheets of plastic wrap (I didn't do any flattening--every time I try to flatten chicken, it's a pain and makes too much racket). In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil over moderately high heat until the foam subsides and sauté the chicken pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper (I actually coated them in some flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning), for 1 minute on each side, or until they are cooked through. Transfer the chicken with tongs to a platter and keep it warm, covered loosely. To the skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the wine, cream and the lemon juice, and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the capers, the parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and spoon the sauce over the chicken (I put the chicken back in to help thicken the sauce, with its flour coat, after failing with some cornstarch).

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, I am hungry now and would like to invite myself over for some of that delicious-looking (and no doubt, tasting!) picatta. And perhaps also for a cup of tea, over which we could catch up! I read older posts, and it looks like you live in a lovely location. Your photos are awesome! Thanks for reconnecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should come over! Of course I'll make piccata and tea. Hey, next time I'm down there I need to see your house!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...