Monday, March 15, 2010

Ides of March

One of the nice things about my job is that I work in lovely surroundings. And even better: it's actually part of my job to take photos of said surroundings. Of course, not every photo I take has a work purpose, but it's been cool to see how many types of photos we do actually use. Even details of nature, which is one of my favorite types of photos to take. And the ones we don't use? Well they count as practice for me. :) Might as well use them for my personal galleries, which brings me to this post: Today is was very nice weather, so I took the camera out for a bit. My walk included a visit to my friend K's office, where she happened to have homemade rolls to share with me. It was so meant to be!


I'm not a huge fan of these flowers (look at the disorganization of those petals), but the tree gave it some good background texture, and I like how this photo turned out.


There are aspects of this photo I don't like, but I do like these cute daffodils. Since I moved to Oregon, I tend to take daffodils for granted. They are everywhere--just growing on the side of the road, even! They're pretty, though.




Just a tree trunk that had some nice texture (okay that's twice I've used that word...now I feel annoying).

(I'm working on getting a good template/frame for my photos so they will be consistent and eventually have my site URL included, but first I need to upgrade my photo site.)

(More parentheses: I'm pretty sure it is my cousin's birthday today. Happy birthday, I! No, I'm not talking to myself, I'm just using initials in this blog to keep things a little more private. We'll see how long that lasts.)

PS Posting to this blog regularly is going to be easier than I thought! I'm already holding back on a few posts I have planned.

5 comments:

  1. I like the first one! Don't be hatin' on the disorganized petal formation - imperfection is perfection! Haha! :)

    And the daffodil photo makes me happy! Ahhh, Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! (And you're right - she's 26.) -R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah darn those disorganized flowers! They must not be oldest children...

    I like the tree pic. It almost looks like a face on the right side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up! And of course I love the tree photo. I'm such a fool for trees.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...