Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Creatures

So, I just got back from New Mexico (visiting my sister) where I went to the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, but this post is not about balloons. I happened to have several photos of various wildlife, so I thought I'd put them together in an entry, and I'll have a couple/few other entries to show you the rest of my trip. I don't really like using the word "creatures" (not sure why), but it's the best way to describe the following set of photos.

If you don't like photos of bugs, you'll want to just skip this post, because there are a few. You've been warned.


I left the white balance on something crazy when I took this photo, so the realistic color was pretty unrecoverable. The best I could do was get this kind of artsy hue, so I present to you: vintage bunny. This little guy was hopping around the hillside when we went to look at the balloons one morning.


We visited the bosque because I had been last year and wanted to see it again with a better camera. It looked so different this visit because last time it was very dry (since it was February). There were lots of little creatury things running around. Isn't this grasshopper pretty?


My sister spotted this awesome beetle, so I took way too many photos.




I'm showing you three just so you'll get a sense of the different colors on its body. Coolness.


We saw a few of these tiny lizards. You can't tell in the photo, but it was only an inch or maybe 1.5 inches long total. So cute!


Another relatively small lizard (or skink?) that my nephew discovered.


There's nothing special about this photo, but it fit the category so here it is.


Same here, though I do like wood ducks. They're always so hard to photograph at home, but both times I've seen them in Albuquerque they've not been so skittish.


It took me several tries to get a somewhat decent photo of a little butterfly. This is the best I could do.

Okay, that's it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I might have to show my class some of these pictures when we learn about animal habitats in a couple weeks. Some are camouflaged very well!
    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these...especially the vintage bunny, of course. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha - vintage bunny. Too funny. I was with you when you took all these and they are so, so good. Very true to real life. :) I'm so glad you visited. -R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori - Yeah, I didn't really think about how so many of them are in matchy match environments. Let me know if you need any larger versions.

    Brenda and R: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...