Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oregon Garden 1

I went to the Oregon Garden with my friend K today, so of course I have a bunch of photos to show you. The weather was perfect and the garden was pretty, as usual, but I'm not crazy about my photos. The lighting wasn't ideal and maybe I just wasn't ideal. Still, I have enough to show you that I'll divide them into two posts.

I tried to hold back from taking the same old photos I've taken there before and try some different ideas.


Okay, so how did this one make the cut?


K graciously agreed to let me practice some more portraits on her. I haven't done any portraits in awhile! Isn't she so cute with her vibrant scarf? R, doesn't her face/smile resemble our friend M.S. (de Brazil) in this photo?






K likes purple, so I like to pose her near purple stuff sometimes. (And Sunny D at other times.)


K spotted this goldfinch that some other people pointed out was sickly, which is the only reason I could get such close photos. Yes, I took advantage of an ill bird.


I like this gazebo. It's gazebo-y.




More gazebo. I want a gazebo someday.






I liked the "polka dots" on this bush.


Sooooo...I took quite a few photos of it. BONUS SUBJECT: Bee.


I have no idea what bush this is.


The clouds were cool.


Did you hear me say they were cool? Because they were. Cool, that is.

Mas to come!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Perfect day to go to the Oregon Gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these pictures! The clouds were especially cool. Yes, K looked like M in that pose, but definitely photogenic in all her portraits. Nice work. She did great picking that pretty scarf. A good color for her! -R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    I hope the goldfinch got better! :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha it took me a minute to get the "purple stuff" caption. Nice : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe: Yay! Finally someone got that.. I figured you might be the only one, and so far it seems I'm right. :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...