Thursday, October 7, 2010

Some evening balloons

I debated whether I should do two balloon posts in a row or divide them with some other scenery, but I'm going with more balloons.

Sunday evening we attended the festival. It's kind of like a fair with booths, food and a stage. The evening event is the Balloon Glow, where the balloons are inflated and then turn up their flames on countdowns after dark. There was a storm coming, which provided really nice lighting and backdrops for the photos, but it cut the balloon glow event short. They only did two countdowns until announcing that all the balloons had to be deflated for safety reasons. It was fine, though, because I got the photos I wanted and then we enjoyed a lightning storm. At the end of the night was an amazing fireworks show that I think is the best I've ever seen, but I don't have any decent photos to show you. Just trust me.

On with the balloons...


This was the scene as balloons were being inflated. I loved the dark gray clouds.






The balloon laying down in front is a rooster that we watched slowly inflate. It took quite awhile, and it only stayed up for what seemed like five minutes before they took it down again.


Here it is all inflated.


It feels really cool to walk around surrounded by these huge balloons.


Some glowy action.


Most of the balloons hand out collector cards (the size of baseball cards) to the kids. My sister took my niece to collect some while I took pictures. Anyway, that's why you see people surrounding the baskets in some of these.


The sunset was pretty cool as it got darker.


These bees were the last up and last down. I guess since it took them so long to get inflated, they were hesitant to deflate.

Okay, that's all where balloons are concerned! Next I'll post photos from the walk around the bosque.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time. :) I love these. So much brighter than mine. The bee tummies all lit up just makes me smile. -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures. I sent them to my friend and she said they are soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my niece commented! Yay! I love you, Loryn!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...