Friday, October 1, 2010

October

I love October! It's my birthday month, but it's also just a great time of year. Fall is in full swing, but the holiday season is still a little ways off, and things aren't yet stressful in that respect. Also, Oregon has some really nice weather in October, in my experience. The sun hits everything just right so that the trees are vibrant and things look different than they do rest of the year.

October has brought many exciting changes for me over the years. I can think of important people who came into my life, moves to new homes, and a desired job change, among other things. Perhaps the other months have brought just as much change, but for whatever reason, I remember happy Octobers more clearly.

In honor of this sensational time of year, I will share some Octobery things. First, a poem I've always loved. I will link to it to save space and in case any of you are very sensitive. It's a little like reading Song of Solomon. :P


And now some pretty memories of Octobers past.


October of 2006 was when my friend T got married, and I was her photographer. That was the first wedding I photographed and my camera was relatively new to me, so now I look back and wish I could take all the photos again and do a better job. T, will you consider a reaffirmation of vows? You know, so I can work on photography.

[I didn't get permission from the friends I have pictured in this post, so hopefully they don't mind. And if they do, then for my birthday I'll request forgiveness.]


The same year, I visited the Japanese Garden and God gave me a present: awesome color and sunlight to photograph.




In 2007, a friend sent me these roses for my birthday. I think that was the last time I had flowers sent (as opposed to brought in person) from a guy. It's one of those treats in a girl's life. :)


That year I visited the Oregon Garden on an appropriately dark-clouded day that gave my photos a creepy, Halloween feel.




I can't remember for sure what year this is from (2008?), but it was obviously a beautiful day!


Back to the Oregon Garden in 2008, and another awesome fall day. I loved this visit so much. I even got to photograph a deer running by.




Yeah, I have a lot of garden photos.


During the same year, my friend visited and we went to the coast during my birthday weekend. I remember being all drugged up on Dramamine during the first part of the trip, but I still have good memories.


Last year, I went to the pumpkin patch with a few friends, and we hope to go again this year.



Wow, going through old Octobers was way more fun (and time consuming) than I imagined! I've had some good times! I feel so happy with anticipation about this October, because I have some really great plans. Stay tuned for photos, of course.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! October photos are the best. I love October, too. :) -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) This was a great review! I love the hobbit hole too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...