Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Prep

I've been taking some pictures (surprise!) of different Christmasy things in my home recently. I'm not one to go all out on the decorative details, but I like the little moments of festivity that happen this time of year. Might as well record them!


My sister sent me a pre-Christmas gift. This little tree (which came as a kit--I decorated it with stickers) and two of these cute towels. She knows I don't have a tree since I live alone (I don't want to have to clean it up!), so this will do. It's about a foot tall.


I did some gift wrapping today. This box is stuff for my New Mexico nieces and nephews, and it's almost ready to ship! Yeah, R, there's going to be a lot of sharing in this package, which you can tell by all their initials on the gifts. :)

Please excuse the wrapping job in these photos. I can wrap nicely when I'm in the mood, but that mood only happens like once every five years.


Most years, the adults in my family draw names so we only have to buy gifts for one person. This year I got my mom, which is fun because she's pretty easy to buy for. Notice I made good use of a Sharpie, too--I'm out of gift tags.


My wrapping paper colors aren't especially Christmasy. These photos could be from a birthday party. And wow, someone needs invisible tape!


In my wrapping paper box I found this cute soap dispenser that my aunt K sent me a couple of years ago. Fun fact: I've never seen a cardinal in real life. It's on my bucket list, though. :)


Sorry, R, your kids are getting candy with their gifts. I'm sure you were just thinking that's one thing thing they really need!


Which Hershey's miniature is your favorite? I tend to fluctuate over time, but for now it's just the plain milk chocolate bar. It's never Mr. Goodbar, though.


After forgetting two weekends in a row, I decided not to hang lights. But then I found these ones in the wrapping box and tossed them on the deck in about 5 minutes. There. Festive.


A little later.


I had my tripod, so I couldn't resist trying this trick I learned from a friend once. You just zoom in during the shot. I'll do better next time.


Unrelated: This photo was actually taken last month, but I don't think I showed it to you. Some other friends saw it and liked it, so I thought I'd share here. It was an almost-full moon and I liked the reflection in the lake.

Okay, that's all I've got! I'm hoping to get some Christmas photos outdoors in the next week. We shall see.

6 comments:

  1. So cute! That tree really turned out good. It looked fun on the package. :) I was trying to get you towels that were Christmasy (and just plain wintry, so you can keep using them after the holiday), but not obnoxiously colored so they could still blend with your other decor ... and not look too Christmasy. Didn't I just say that in so many words? Sheesh. Anyway, I like what you've done and I can't believe you never saw a cardinal in all your visits to NH! Weird. I heart them. And don't worry about the candy and present sharing ... the kids will be happy. That's what matters. :) My favorite in that pack would have to be the Special Darks, though I do like the Goodbars now and then. You and I would share a bag of those without too much fighting, I imagine. Let's try it some time over a game of speed Yahtzee. Merry Christmas! -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the towels and that I can use them all winter long. I think they're supposed to be for the kitchen, but I put one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. :) I'm just crazy like that.

    Yes, I could go for a game or two of our special version of Yahtzee! And chocolates are always welcome at my table. They can even have the seat of honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, everyone knows Special Dark is the best! My grandma used to buy those and my sister and I were the only ones that liked dark so we would get to have them all the time (unless we were both there fighting over them!)

    I like the lighting trick with the tripod, that's cool. Try some more of them and show us please! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe - I used to like Special Dark and there were hardly any in the package. But now you know I'm more into milk chocolate. I think they put more SD in there, though, since it's all cool to like dark chocolate now.

    Okay, I will! There's lots of fun long exposure light tricks that I'd like to try, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll probably see a cardinal whenever you come visit me! :)

    You can send all your Mr. Goodbars to me. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Goodbar is my favorite of the miniatures! Probably because I don't see the full sized version around much, so it's a treat to get one in a mini.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...