Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Portraits - J

My friend J needed a photo of himself to give to his family at Christmas. Of course I took advantage of the opportunity to practice my male portrait photography and he was a very good sport about it (especially since it was pretty chilly out). Photographing guys can be a challenge because I don't always know the right poses. I definitely need more practice, but I was happy with how these turned out.

J said he'd be slightly embarrassed by this blog post, but he'd live with it. :) Hey, I'm not here to embarrass! But I can't really talk since I hate photos of myself. My friends (and even strangers) are nice to put up with my need to practice and post my photography. Thank you!


I turned a couple of these black and white, but I like the color version as well. Here's a side-by-side so you can decide which you prefer. I welcome your thoughts!


Here too.


The one on the right is probably my favorite (and yes, it's ever so slightly different from the one above). The dark green background and J work well together.


Okay, so I don't have a million guy poses up my sleeve...I'm working on it!



Tada! I'm hoping to get back into more regular posting since my schedule is about to calm down, so check back.

7 comments:

  1. Nice work! I prefer the color ones, but I almost always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are great. I think I like J03 Left (leaning against the brick wall) favorite. But that's just me. I enjoy bricks in the background. :) -R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one in B&W but the others in color! :)
    Nice work; he looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda - oh really? It seems like most people are so into black and white that I almost feel uncultured for doing so much color photography. :P Glad to know I'm not alone!

    Thanks, R!

    Samantha - thanks for our input!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one better in color, and the second one better in black and white.

    This is a fun idea! I never have pictures taken of myself, because usually around family events I'm the one taking all of the pictures. I would love to do a photo shoot with you sometime if you want more portrait practice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dania: Yes, I definitely want to do photo shoots with you and Brenda in February! I hope the weather cooperates. I meant to do one with you in December, but time sort of ran out on us...plus I was feeling so sleepy that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually prefer B & W but I like both of the color pics better : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...