Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pasta with Clam Sauce



I'm not really into clams anymore (I loved fresh ones as a kid), but when they're chopped small, I really do like the flavor with pasta. Several months ago I was craving a good linguine with clam sauce and I found this super easy recipe. It was so good and exactly what I was craving.

2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, with juice
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried parsley
ground black pepper to taste
1/4 tablespoon dried basil
1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Combine clams with juice, butter or margarine, oil, minced garlic, parsley, basil, and pepper in a large saucepan. Place over medium heat until boiling. Serve warm over pasta.

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get these recipes? Do you change them in any way to make them your own recipe? I love your recipe photos! They always make the dishes look so tempting. -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually will say where I get them if I remember, otherwise I will try to be clear that I got them from another source and didn't make them up. And then if I have made adjustments, I will say so too. :)

    Most of my recipe searches begin at AllRecipes.com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...