Monday, April 12, 2010

Blog + Avocado

It probably seems like this blog is turning into strictly a photography blog, but it's not. Not exactly. Yes, I do want to use this for sharing photos and being an ongoing portfolio of progress, but I will also continue to post some non-photography thoughts too.

Since I'm into photography, I really love following lots of photography blogs. But I wonder if people who aren't into it enjoy looking at pictures of random strangers. I hope there's at least some joy, otherwise you're probably annoyed with this blog (and probably not even reading it). Right now I know my reader(s) is(are) mostly doing it out of support for me. :) One day it would be fun to have readers that did it voluntarily, and not because I guilted them into it!

In other news, today I might've stolen part of an avocado. It's a long story, but I think I paid for a cheaper type of avocado than the one I actually took home. That's the danger of self-checkout--you don't always choose the right produce button* and might pay the wrong price. Stores have to worry about this, and they should worry a lot more than they apparently do. Hey, grocery store: ever hear of security guards? I could so easily pick up some organic produce and then pretend it is un-organic when I'm checking out. Who would know without close examination? Then I'd walk out of there like an innocent man. Thieves, like me, who have possibly stolen an estimated 25-50% of an avocado, are loose on the streets as I type. It's scary.

BUT...perhaps the portion I stole was the pit and skin, and none of the delectable fruit. It was a pretty big pit, after all. If so, I'll probably not turn myself in. Taking the inedible parts of produce from stores is the equivalent of being their garbage collector and, in that case, they owe me. I'll bill them.


*Yes, I know we can get help from the self-checkout monitor, but in this case I did not. There was only one avocado option on the menu--I took it and ran! I know, it's shameful!

5 comments:

  1. I've done a very similar thing accidentally, too. But I didn't realize it till I went back to get more of whatever it was and then realized there were two similar looking varieties of produce. The second time, I got it right. :) -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that these avocados had no price sign by them, either. So that, combined with only one type of avocado being on the self-checkout screen, just made me go for it. I suppose I could've asked, but I'm not as perfect as you probably think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This is cracking me up.

    -Ruth M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done terrible things Jessica. Terrible things : )

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here voluntarily!!

    I bet the store expects these things to happen to a degree and isn't too worried.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...