Monday, August 1, 2011

Taco Seasoning



I have no problem purchasing packets of taco seasoning, but I've run out enough times that I have tried a few recipes and made it myself. It's fun!

There are a lot of recipes out there, and I don't think I've ever made one exactly as directed since I rarely have all of the ingredients. The following is an easy one I found online that has worked well for me and has a lot of basic stuff you probably have in your cupboards. The red ingredients are ones I haven't added because I didn't have them on hand (and it still tasted great). I never remember to buy oregano, of all things!

INGREDIENTS

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

DIRECTIONS

Just mix all those spices together! I think they make about one packet's worth.

The best part is how pretty it looks when you're making it:



Okay, now that you have some taco seasoning go make some Salsa Chicken!

8 comments:

  1. I just pinned this on pinterest - maybe it will get repinned and spread like wildfire! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks, Melanie! :D That's awesome. I get excited about that stuff, or even when I find out someone repinned something I pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks easy to make and I will def. try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how it compares in cost to buying the packages of taco mix. It's worth at try, especially when we probably do have all the ingrediants in the cupboard. Thanks, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look pretty! And I LOVE those spoons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all!

    Mom - great question. Sometimes you can get the packages for really cheap, like at Winco, so in that case I'm not even sure it's a savings to make your own. But it's kind of nice to feel like it's somehow "homemade."

    Thanks, Brenda - Dania gave them to me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...