Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reading

I've skipped Project 52 two weeks in a row now! It was kind of an accident, but instead of trying to catch up or hunt down photos for each week, I'm just picking up where I left off next week. It's okay to not get all 52 pictures done in 52 weeks, right? :)


Oh yeah, and I got a Kindle. :) :) Thanks, Dad and Mom!

So far I love it. Do you have one? Or want one? I guess I love gadgets, and the idea of having several items to read (and games to play!) all in one little portable device appeals to me. I'm excited to take it everywhere so I can read at all the unexpected waiting times, but I'm waiting for my new cover to come before I just drop it in my purse. I don't want to wreck it! Though I do like the clean, white look...but soon I'll have an orange case for it. Mom, you'll love it!

[I know some of you (Brenda) will recognize what book I have on it in that photo. :)]

9 comments:

  1. I do want a Kindle (now)! I'm going to steal yours.

    13 Little Blue Envelopes : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Kindle and love it. (Especially nice with all of the free books you can get on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother has a Kindle and loves it!
    I have played a few word games on it from time to time.
    I'm being bad and haven't gotten my last 52 weeks project up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, how are you liking the book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you like it and glad you are getting an orange case for it. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan, I wish I could buy you one. :) And you're such a cheater.. you either looked that up or remembered me mentioning I had bought it for the Kindle.

    Mike, tell me where you get free books. :) Just on Amazon, or is there a better site? I just have Pride and Prejudice for free so far.

    Brenda - I am halfway through the next one (The Last...), actually! I really enjoy them but have further comments that I'll address in my August books post.

    Mom - Yeah the case ended up being more of a brown color, but that's okay. I still have a skin on it with orange flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ***Mike, tell me where you get free books. :) Just on Amazon, or is there a better site? I just have Pride and Prejudice for free so far.***

    Plenty of places, probably.

    One place is Google Books (though the quality is not always the best admittedly)

    http://books.google.com/advanced_book_search

    BTW, there are plenty of Chesterton books you can get for free as well. Just thought I'd mention that. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I definitely want one. I'm learning that I really am a gadget person, I just rarely have the money to spend on em, so I don't have many gadgets (or it takes me a long time to get one).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mike - thanks so much! I have already used your links. :)

    Fayelle - Yeah, I have plenty of gadgets but I'm still behind the times on some and I'm glad for it since they can be very time-consuming and expensive!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...