Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Portraits - my niece, J


My niece, J, is 6 (almost 7!). She's a very smart and independent little girl, and an adorable photo subject. :) Read more about her between the photos.


What makes you happy? Crafts and painting. And hanging out with my friends.


What's your favorite thing to draw? Carousel horses.


What's your favorite game? Hide-and-seek, because it's fun.


What's your favorite thing about how you look? The brown dot in my eye (birthmark) because I feel really happy about my eyes, because people love them.



My sister R said: She was sad that you didn't ask her (like you asked Z) where she'd like to go...she said, Hawaii, so she could go surfing. (That's the Soul Surfer influence.)


Enjoy Soul Surfer, J!

8 comments:

  1. Cute pics! My faves are the first one and the other closeup where you mention her birthmark.

    This series of posts is great! I really like that you have little tidbits about each of your nieces and nephews between the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, as always. The little brown spot in her eye is a pretty cute feature to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! She's pretty. Her eyes are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hanging out with my friends". That sounds so cute coming from and "almost" 7 year old. J looks lovely. I like the twirly dress photo, too! (I mean besides all the close-ups of her eyes!!) Thanks, love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. I can see her shyness coming through in some of them, too. :) By the way, both of the dresses were handmade by our mom. J loves wearing her grandmother's creations! I think they connect because of their creativity and creftiness that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I showed J this post and read to her all the comments and her response was: "Gosh! It seems like I'm famous or something!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, sweet and shy! And the brown spot in her eye is really cool! She's a beautiful little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dan - Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the series.. I was hoping not to bore people!

    Danielle, Rachael - Thanks so much!

    Mom, I know I was wondering about that--what "hanging out" looks like for little kids. :) Thanks!

    R, your opinion about your kids' photos is what matters the most, so thanks! That's so funny about J's response. Yes, she is famous!

    Samantha - she is!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...