Thursday, September 1, 2011

Portraits - my nephew, C


C is 6, but a very young 6. :) He's small and silly and a very outgoing and affectionate little boy. He has a bit of a temper and sometimes it's hard not to laugh at his outbursts. He sometimes seems to think the world exists to be amused by him, which has made for some funny stories about his interaction with strangers. Since most of his poses here are things he came up with on his own, his personality comes through in these photos. Be sure to read his answers to the questions I gave his mom, R, to ask him.


What's the funnest thing to do/play? Have fun with my family and going to Disneyland.


What's your favorite TV show? (He raised his hand to answer for some reason, even though he's the only one here being asked questions. -R) Oh! America's Funniest Home Videos! It has funny stuff like a big man -- a really strong one -- him just doing a funny thing (he's dying laughing trying to tell me and he's very animated as usual -R) and him's chest going bump, bump, bump (older brother walked in overhearing him and said, "Oh, that was America's Got Talent ... the guy was flexing his pectorals." -R).

(I had to include those notes by his mom!)


What do you like to cook? I like to cook brownies and cooking with Daddy and cooking for other people like a baby shower. And my family, too.

(He recently helped his dad cook for a baby shower, hence the reference. :) Also, you'll notice his wet pant legs because right before picture time, he decided it would be wise to splash in a puddle.)



What's your favorite sport? I have two sports: Kung Fu and baseball. (He proceeded to demonstrate "air-versions" of both sports in some kind of combination I don't really understand ... must be a boy thing. -R)


I wish I could've heard him answering those questions! C was one that seemed annoyed about having his portraits done until we actually started. Then he kept trying new poses for me and wanting to do more after his session was over.

One more nephiece portrait shoot to go! I'll post it in the next couple of days. Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, these are so much fun! His personality SHINES through. :) Using your pics on our student IDs this year, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! :)

    Thanks for all the comments on these entries. I intend to catch up and respond! Hopefully tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds like an awesome little man! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rachael! You've been so great about commenting--I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. C is so cute! I've been loving all of these niece and nephew pictures!

    Oh! Did I tell you that I found a word (other than the one that you made up) for nieces and nephews? I've seen a few references to them as "Niblings" Have you seen that one? Though it kind of makes me think of food...and not kids...so it's a little strange. Yours might sound better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pics! I like the one where he's giving us the ole "neiner neiner" bit : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute pictures. He such a funny and adorable little guy. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Dania! Niblings! Hm...that's a little odd. :D It does sound like appetizers of some sort. Plus, the word "nibble" is kind of weird...who is it who hates that word? Is it Brenda or was it Lisa? I can't remember.

    Thanks, Dan and Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's adorable. And such a cute little man ;) I love those last ones especially.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie! And this might sound weird, but to me he looks so... American.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...