Saturday, September 17, 2011

Project 52 (13)


If I were into puns, I'd mention something about this being a mug shot, but I'm not, so I won't.

Just in time for fall, these are some of my favorite mugs. And yes, some tea bags scattered to and fro! I don't know if I've ever purchased a mug for myself because they are such popular gifts that I have plenty from other people. I love my little selection!

L to R: The one with the dragonfly inside is from Tina. The elephant is from my aunt and uncle (K & F) because I used to collect elephants. Polka dots is Tina again--she finds some cute mugs! The boat is one I've had since I was a kid. I don't remember the story behind it, but I know it relates to my grandpa since he worked on a boat. My mom will know the background on that mug better than I do. The green one was a gift from a coworker after I coincidentally designed materials for her event in that same color and pattern. The Little Mermaid was also from K & F, and I love it so. It's just very cheerful and bold, and it's probably my most-used mug. The other elephant one is part of a pair, and it's also from K & F.

Now you should describe your favorite mug in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I love mugs too! My favorite is one I found at Marshall's--it has paw prints all over it and says "Crazy Cat Lady." Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite of those ones? Polka dots for sure! I love polka dots.

    Favorite of my own? A giraffe one also from K & F. :) It had a partner, too, but sadly, the partner decided to go live a shattered life somewhere else and it leaped to its demise. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean that Dad and I never gave you a mug? I'm surprised. The mug with the cruise ship is actually from Grandma & Grandpa M.
    from a cruise they went on. They gave 1 to each of you girls. I like the Mug Shot!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - Ha!

    R - Oh yes, knowing your favorite of that bunch is interesting too! I think I might know which giraffe mug you mean.

    Mom - This isn't all my mugs, just my favorites. I like all my mugs, though, and I have probably 10 others. I'm sure you guys have given me a mug! And on, I didn't remember that about the cruise ship mugs. I could've sworn you used to remind me of Grandpa T. with those mugs! Oh well. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the polka dotted one best : ) Tina has her some good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheery photo and a fun post.
    My favorite mug says "Alaska" on it and it has beautiful wildflowers (fireweed?) on it. It's from my uncle when he worked up there for Cruise West. I use it daily ;)
    I have another one that is very special and hand-painted by Pearl but it's for rare occasions as the handle is loose on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite mug has Snoopy and Woodstock hugging on the front, inside a heart, and on the back it says "Gee, somebody cares." I've had it for as long as I can remember. It's at my parents' house, though, so I only use it on special days when I'm over there in the morning. I'm terrified it would get broken if I started using it more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mug info, Samantha and Brenda! Those sound cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...