Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I don't really have any new photos to post here, and this will have to be fairly quick, but these are the goods:


1. My sister. Happy birthday, R! Thank you for being patient, very generous, a great listener, and a devoted wife and mother. This is R in a tunnel in Virginia City last year. (You can read more about R over on her blog!)

2. The weather lately. AWESOME.

3. Little pretty moments, like when a flock of birds flies up from the road you're driving on, or when the lake has more vivid reflections, or backlighting when the sun is in just the right position, or wrapping gifts in fun paper. I always feel corny mentioning that stuff, but I do notice it.

4. Fun weekend plans. I have some! Maybe I'll tell you about it later.

5. Audiobooks. I'm sure I've said it before, but I loooove having stories to listen to while I drive. It's not the same without them.

6. On that note, libraries! Probably another re-mention, but who cares? Free books! Free audiobooks. Those things are expensive.

7. My slowcooker. Crockpot, whatever. It's one of my favorite purchases of the year. That's another topic I may address again later.

8. Target.

9. Finishing projects. Work has been very busy, so every completed project is that much more of a relief.

10. Thank-you gifts. My friend gave me a gift certificate for one of my favorite restaurants as a thank-you present! I wasn't expecting anything and was perfectly fine with that, but now, thanks to her, I get to have lunch with a couple of my friends next week!

5 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for a lot of those things too! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes and the link. :) I love your Thursday posts because they are so positive and fun to read about what good stuff is happening in your life. CriticalJess is a thing of the past for realsies. Hmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also thanks for the nice things you said about me. You're too kind on a lot of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great picture of R. I remember that day. Her birthday weekend should be great. I enjoy reading your remarks about flocks of birds, etc. (crop dusters too) I already knew you appreciate those things! I do too. Thank you for your blog. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. R - Thanks! Well, Critical Jess is still very alive and kicking. :P Just ask my friends and coworkers.

    Mom - Yeah, I haven't seen a cropduster in forev! That's definitely one thing (possibly the ONLY thing) I miss about commutes through farm land.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...