Sunday, September 18, 2011

Travel: Vancouver Island

Lately I've had traveling on the brain, so you might hear from me about it from time to time. While I consider myself a homebody for the most part, I do love to travel a bit, and I daydream about the places I'd like to go and take pictures.

Before I got into photography, I went a lot of nice places that I wish I could revisit. Then there are places I've been since I've gotten into photography, but before this blog. Here's one:



I've been to Vancouver Island twice, but the first time was back in 2000 when I just had a small film camera. Those photos are in albums in the storage closet. The second time was in 2007. My friend Dania and I drove up to the ferry that leaves from Port Angeles, WA and spent a couple of nights in Victoria.

The trip started off a little iffy when we happened to arrive on Canada Day amidst crowds and pub crawls. But things got better by the next day, and we visited the popular spots like the parliament buildings, Craigdarroch Castle, Butchart Gardens and the butterfly garden.

I'd really like to spend more time up there--it's beautiful and there's a lot to see. I have a lot more pictures to take. The above are just a selection from that trip (hint: so-so photos look better when put together in a collage with other so-so photos).

Later I might tell you about some other trips. We'll see.

7 comments:

  1. I like this collage ... I use that theory (the so-so picture theory you wrote about) quite often ... especially in print form (photo books). :) While I don't think your pictures can really be called "so-so," I do like the cohesiveness of seeing them together.

    I've still never been to Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful photos of your trip to Vancouver Island. I've never been there. I have been to Vancouver Canada, however, and it's beautiful too. You know you are a Rambling Rose even if you think you're a "home body". Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, R and Mom!

    Mom, I forgot you guys hadn't been there! I knew you'd been to Vancouver and I guess I assumed you had taken the ferry over to Victoria while there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the collage too : ) None of them look so-so to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful there!!! I so want to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were and are so beautiful!

    I want to start using more photo collages on my blog, but I don't know how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Dan, Samantha and Brenda!

    Brenda - I make mine in PhotoShop, but I wouldn't be surprised if Picnik or some other online program will make them for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...