Thursday, August 25, 2011

Portraits - my nephew, C


C is my oldest nephew at 11. He's grown and changed so much since he was a little boy! I still feel surprised when he's able to be very independent and do things apart from the family.


What kind of books do you like to read? Suspense, mystery, Greek mythology, and drawing books.


What would you like to be when you grow up? A cartoonist/comic book person, a Lego set designer, or an architect. (I see a creativity/design theme here. He's definitely into drawing and showed me some of his pictures during my visit.)


If you could go anywhere for fun right now, where would you go? Holy Moly! Um...how many places am I allowed to pick?! First, Lego Land in Texas, then Disneyworld and Universal Studios.



C - Thanks for enduring the summer heat and a polo shirt so I could get some photos. :) And it was fun drawing animals with you!

8 comments:

  1. He looks like a very cheerful soul! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pictures of C! I like that smile. Beautiful spot, too, under wisteria? Thank you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love that one of him adjusting his glasses and S and I both like the one with him leaning a bit forward because his smile looks more natural.

    Rachael's comment is making me laugh because of how hard it is to get him to comply with having portraits taken ... totally opposite of cheerful! So Jessica, you MUST be the best photographer ever to be able to bring out his cheerful side in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has he read the Percy Jackson books? I bet he would love them. (I haven't read them myself but keep meaning to.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Rachael, he looks very cheerful! If not for R and J comments we wouldn't have known he doesn't like photos : )

    Very cool that he has a lot of creativity. I hope he continues to hone and harness it and does something awesome and wonderful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a creative young man he is! He sounds like he's full of creativity and energy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great smile he has!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, everyone!

    Mom, you're probably right that it's wisteria. I hadn't considered it since it's not in bloom.

    R, I didn't realize you liked the glasses one! I couldn't tell your thoughts when I was first showing it to you. I really like it. Haha.. well, you know he's slightly more cooperative for his tia since he only sees me in small doses. :)

    Brenda, thanks for the recommendation--I'll make sure Rochelle sees it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...