Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Portraits - my niece, L


Next in line is 12-year-old L. L was the first niece of mine that I was able to know from birth, and I can't believe how tall and old and smart she has become! Well, she was always smart. Check between the photos for more fun facts about L.


What's your favorite subject in school? English, because I really like my teacher and it's easy for me.


What is your favorite type of outfit to wear? Shorts and a t-shirt.

(NOTE: When I called her to ask her these questions, she was in the middle of reading Twilight again. As you can see, she's Team Jacob (just like me!).)



What's your favorite season, and why? Summer, because there's no school.


What's your favorite thing about yourself? That I get good grades and I'm smart.

I wrote the smart comments in the first paragraph before I even called her for her answers! :D I guess it's settled, then. What she might not realize about herself is that she's also compassionate and caring. From the time she was a toddler she would comfort people instead of shying away from their sickness or sadness. She's awesome!

9 comments:

  1. Great post! I love how you're adding in little facts so we get to know each of them a little better : )

    What is your favorite type of outfit to wear? Shorts and a t-shirt.

    Me too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Another beautiful niece, seen in beautiful pictures. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she is very caring and she can be very helpful with her younger sisters. L is becoming a lovely young lady in many ways. Thanks for the pictures! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these photos (and L, herself, too), but I keep going back to the one down on the grass with her looking to the side a bit ... the expression really encapsulates the L I know. So cute, sweet and a teensy bit shy ... but yes, very smart, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that one on the grass too! Such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! :) I agree about the one in the grass where ehe's kind of laughing. It's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It just seems crazy to me that L is already 12, but I guess it makes sense, Jaden will be 9 next month. Cute pictures! How tall is she now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, what a beauty! And brains to go with it?? She'll be unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dania - wow, Jaden's going to be 9?!

    Fayelle - I agree! I don't want her to grow up, but I do want to see what she does. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...