Monday, March 28, 2011

Snapshot: Wedding #2

The other day I talked about the first wedding I photographed, and now I'll talk about the second.

My cousin S (who is one year younger than me, so we were close growing up and did a lot of traveling together) had gotten engaged and decided to have a very small wedding on the coast. This was almost exactly four years ago in March of 2007. She thought it would be neat to have a family member do the photography, so she asked me. Again, I was hesitant, not wanting to ruin her big day if I messed up. Again, my hesitation was met with encouragement and persistence. I sent her and her fiance over to my portfolio to make sure I could provide what they were looking for, and they were excited and enthusiastic about having me.

Despite my insecurities about my own abilities, I was really excited about this opportunity: a weekend on the California coast where I could not only watch and photograph my cousin getting married, but join in the festivities. I should've been paying them for such a nice weekend getaway!

Here are a few of the photos. Be kind--it was my second wedding ever, and I made plenty of mistakes (just like in the first one). But I do feel like I covered the important stuff and did the best I could with my skills and equipment.

(Don't worry, [aunt] K--I cleared this with S and she and her husband are pretty much the only ones pictured. :))


(Okay there is one other person pictured.) S rented a house on a cliff overlooking the ocean in Gualala, CA. It was a really cute place, and it was a nice, sunny day (though windy, which is to be expected).


Some details.


Most of you have seen this photo before, since it's part of my portfolio.


It was a cute coincidence that the couple's initials were S and I, with the last name starting with K. S loves to ski!


 She looks serious here, but she was very happy. :)


We did the couple portraits before the ceremony, which started at sunset.


S, waiting to go out to where the ceremony was being held.


The dinner was catered, and we all (twelve of us?) got to sit at the same table, so it was really fun. And I got to eat--this is my food! Usually wedding photography means you're too busy to stop and eat, so I felt spoiled to sit down with them.Those potatoes au gratin (on the right, under the steak and green beans) were SO GOOD that I still think about them. The whole dinner was amazing.



Thanks S, K and families for giving me this opportunity. It was really fun. :) And it was fun remembering it while I wrote this post.

I think I'll leave more of my wedding photography thoughts for another post.

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful photographs to remind them of their wedding just after celebrating their 4th anniversary. - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I've seen these before, but they seem fresh and SO beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love, love that ring shot with the roses. You can't beat red roses! :)
    Great job too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always appreciated the beauty in these wedding pictures. The ring one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...