Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Portraits - Brenda

Two of my very good out-of-state friends came to visit me this past weekend. Of course I took the opportunity to practice portrait photography, and of course I will now bombard you with pictures. This is Brenda (who's much more consistent with her blogging than I am!) from Tennessee. Later I'll post some photos of Dania and general stuff from the weekend. It'll take some time to catch up.


This photo was taken during the grand total of 2 minutes of sunshine we experienced Sunday and Monday.








Sometimes I just can't decide between two similar photos, so I post them both. Right next to each other. It's my blog, so I can do that sort of thing.


Here I did it again.








Brenda loooooooves reading, so I thought I'd try using a book as a prop for some photos.


This is probably my favorite of the bunch! Brenda with one of her favorite books.

Brenda - thank you so much for coming and letting me try various poses and backdrops for your pictures. :)

Photography note: I just got a new lens (Sigma 30mm f/1.4) that I used for all of these photos. I'm pretty happy with it so far! There are much fancier lenses out there, but this is the nicest one I've had and it's amazing what a difference it makes in the color and sharpness.

20 comments:

  1. Nice pics ladies! It's hard to reconcile seeing sunshine and knowing these were just taken this weekend : )

    Hard to pick a fav, but I'll go with the framed sunshine one (4th set, on the left) and the one that's in the 8th set on the right. Always love having a little trail like that in the shot, and again I like the framing.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dan! I know--I saw so much gray rain this weekend I can't even remember the sun. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I'll say it again: you are a wizard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda: Ha! Thanks, but you're a great subject!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love these! You really took advantage of those two minutes of sunshine. :) Brenda looks so stylish anyway--love the green and red, and you captured her really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I love these! Brenda looks awesome in all of them. #3, #6, and the last are my faves, but they are all very well done! What a fun way to spend time together too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. Brenda is gorgeous as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of the pictures of Brenda! The green scarf with all of the greenery in the background is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always thought Brenda was beautiful, but she is STUNNING in these!! Wow, I'm so impressed! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! I agree, my favorite is the one with the book. It's Brenda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica,
    You are so funny, and witty. I need more of that in my life- it makes me miss Holly a ton. *sigh*
    and also, I love to model, not that I'm any good at it, but just saying.

    Heather Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thanks to all of you for the awesome comments! They are very encouraging to both me and Brenda. :)

    Thanks especially for those of you who pointed out your favorites--I love that! And I agree that Brenda looks awesome in red!

    Heather--thank you! :) And I emailed you already, but I'm serious about the portrait shoot when you're ready. And yeah you are good at modeling--I've taken your photo a couple of times and just the fact that you're so willing is a huge help!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel repetitive, but Yes! Brenda shows off red's finer attributes and I, too, love that last picture with the book. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOODNESS! You captured Brenda so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. R and Alanna - Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love these! Brenda is a cute gal and so pretty too. (love her hair!)
    I like the sunshiney ones especially but the cute one of her with the book is great too! I'd have a hard time picking just one favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Samantha and Laura - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...