Monday, March 7, 2011

Snow + Friend Weekend

I have a few more snow photos that weren't in my other post. These additions were taken with my new lens and in the evening, so the color and sharpness are different.


Love the colors!


The trees look all fluffy.






Sorry for the repetition, but I love the colors!

Okay, enough of that! It's March!

As I mentioned, a couple of out-of-state friends came to visit me, so we did some Oregony things. Brenda had never been, so despite the weather we made the most of our time. Here are a few photos from that weekend.


We went to the coast when it was cold, rainy and SO windy. The sand was blowing over the surface of the beach, creating some cool effects.




Yeah, I took several photos here.




Brenda, managing the wind while she takes pictures.


The girls were walking backwards to avoid getting sand in their eyes and mouth.




On the following day we went to Portland. Brenda had read about a park that has statues of characters from Beverly Cleary's books. It happens to be a few blocks from Klickitat Street, where Ramona lives in the books!


We followed that with a trip to Powell's Books. Here's Brenda, perusing the shelves. The ladies seemed to enjoy the store and could've stayed for many hours! I like reading, but I'm just not one to want to stay very long in any store (I'm not big on shopping, though I enjoy most Target trips). I did pick up a couple of books at Powell's, though, and it didn't feel like we had stayed too long.

Overall, it was a great time with my friends and I'm so glad they could visit! Even though it rained a ton, I was just relieved that everything seemed to go smoothly and we were safe and healthy. A million things could've gone wrong (between airport trips in freezing temps, my photo workshop, three of us sharing a small space, pouring rain on dark, winding roads, etc.), but they didn't. Thanks, God!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...