Thursday, March 3, 2011

Portraits - Dania

Hopefully you all got a chance to see Brenda's photos, so now I'm here to share Dania's. When I typed that sentence it just came to me that I completely forgot to do a few portraits of the two of them together! Oh well, I have snapshots.

I wasn't able to try as many things with Dania because my memory card ran out of space and the weather wasn't being all that cooperative. However, I see her a lot more than I see Brenda, so hopefully I'll have another chance to take pictures later on. What say you, Dania?

(Fun fact: Dania and I have been friends for about 24 years.)

While I'm talking, I will also mention that my plan was to take photos at various points during their visit so I could incorporate more outfits and scenery. Unfortunately, the weather was pretty sucktastic much of the time, so it wasn't possible. I'm just happy I was able to get these!


Like Brenda, Dania reads a ton, so I took book photos of her as well. I started with that, so I ended up getting a lot more book shots of her than of Brenda. I tend to hang out too long in the first pose/setup and then start moving at a faster pace after that point.










I loved the lines of these little blooming branches, but they weren't in the most convenient location. Dania was cool about trying to get in just the right spot, though.






This is kind of an outtake, but I just think it's so Dania that I had to post it. :)


This one also seems very natural Dania to me. It's not difficult to catch her laughing.


This is my favorite.

Thanks again, girls, for letting me practice on you! Who's next?

14 comments:

  1. Yay! I think the first one is my favorite of the bunch!

    Oh, and with the convenience of Google Reader I saw your post right away(I was reading about Pesto, but then minimized my screen for a minute when I walked away, and when I came back, it was like magic) I saw that you'd updated your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Points for Google Reader! It just reloads all by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first and the second-to-last picture the best because Dania has such a nice smile. I, also, think the 2nd picture makes her hair look cool the way her hand is placed. Then, again, I think the picture in the branches, with Dania's head tilted to one side, is charming. - Mom
    Keep smiling Dania!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the one of her laughing; 2nd from last!
    The first one is awesome too. They're all great actually :)
    Such a pretty smile.

    That is cool that you've been friends for almost 25 years; wow!

    I tend to get stuck on the first pose/setup too and then I finally realize what I'm doing and decide it's time to get a moveon and try different things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great! Yaaay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics Jessica! I think I like the last one best as well.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures of both Brenda and Dania! Even though many of the photos were posed, I'm assuming, they all look so natural! I loved Dania's "outtake" the most. Of course, I always love "smiley" shots.....so heartwarming!
    By the way, enjoy your dear, old friends! I still see my college roomies every year and we've been friends for 40+ years!!! Janis and Wanda and I see each other often and we've been friends for @ 50 years. Yikes, now I'm dating myself!! KP

    ReplyDelete
  8. While all are cute (because Dania really does purple justice), I, too, love the first one best. Dania's eyes are gorgeous and expressive, which makes any picture great and fun. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all!

    KP - Thanks for commenting! :D And emailing. Yes, you're right that many were posed, though some were not. I do try to ditch the photos that look overly posed. :) Wow, I didn't realize you've known Wanda for 50 years!! You must've met before you were born!

    R - I know, I love the purple on her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing both Brenda and Dania!! Looked like lots of fun. Sorry the weather was so uncooperative - typical, eh? See, you should move to Colorado - the weather here is ideal for awesome photo ops :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey - did this save my comment? I can't ever remember if I need to sign on first...I'm so low-tech. See, that's why I don't comment more--I feel like such a dolt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holly - Yeah! It's just that it goes to me for moderation first, so you won't see it until I publish it (which I did almost right away). So now it's there. :)

    And hi! And thank you for the comments! Oh and Heather was saying she misses you..did you read that comment of hers?

    I do hope to visit CO, but one nice thing about OR is the clouds--they're great for photography! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ME ME ME!!! I wanna do it!

    Man, Dania's just so pretty! And looks SO good in purple, wow. You did such a good job capturing her spirit! I feel like I know her even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fayelle, I'd love to do portraits of you!! And your whole family. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...