Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Death Valley: Red Rock Canyon

Red Rock Canyon (RRC) is not in Death Valley, but it's all part of the same trip, and I wanted to keep the titles consistent. In case you wondered. :)

Welcome to my final DV post! If you missed any, look to the right and you'll see my blog topics listed. You can click on any of them to see all posts with that tag. Magical!

On my final day of the trip, we headed over to Las Vegas where I'd be flying out. RRC is about 20 minutes west of Vegas, so we stopped there on the way and took lots of pictures. I also took photos once we got to Vegas, but none of them were very good, so they won't be showing up in this blog. :)


This is actually just a photo from the side of the road in DV. We saw some color and my dad stopped so I could get a picture, since we didn't get to see many wildflowers on this trip.








I took way too many pictures of these adorable ground squirrels (my dad says they aren't chipmunks but related).










On the right you can see some people were rock climbing.




I don't have a lot to say about these photos.




My dad pointed out that this resembles an animal skull.


This is two photos put together. Click on it to see a larger version.

Okay, that's it! Thanks for looking. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors! So brilliant. Thanks for sharing these great pics : )

    - Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very pretty! I've loved all these pictures and I'm feeling sad that this series is done (for now). :( But I know you'll have lots of other pretty photos to share. Good job on blending two photos into one, too. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    R - I didn't do it--Photoshop has a Photomerge thing and it did it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little ground squirrel is so cute. I love the merged picture, too. - Thank you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...