Sunday, July 10, 2011

Independence Weekend (Part 5)



After an eventful trip up to Seattle, I wanted some down time. I decided Sunday should be low key, which might've been a little boring for Dania, but she was nice about it.



I don't watch a ton of movies, so it was weird that we watched three movies that day! First it was Somewhere In Time, because Dania had never seen it. Who has seen that? I first saw it at age 6 and was fascinated, for some reason.


[Dania on the porch at the Bush House.]

In the evening we took a drive to Bush Park so we could take a few photos at the rose garden, etc. It wasn't really the best time of day for pictures, so I'm not happy with mine, but I've put some in this post anyway.






[I experimented with shooting into the sun.]

On our way home we ordered up some delicious Padington's pizza and rented a movie from the Blockbuster "vending machine" at Safeway. I'd never used that or Red Box before, so Dania showed me the ropes and we chose Just Go With It. It was pretty funny/cute, but also had some of Adam Sandler's typical weird/over-the-top humor that makes me cringe.



We later put in Last Holiday (all these girly movies!) while we played Scrabble. If you haven't seen that one (with Queen Latifah), you should. It's definitely a feel-good movie.

[Note about the new Scrabble boards: I just got mine for Christmas because I had a very old and incomplete set. They finally took the idea from Travel Scrabble and added ridges so the letters don't slip, and I love that. I also love the wheels (we used to put a Lazy Susan under ours, because my mom is a genius), but WHY did they change the colors of the squares? It totally messes me up! Now Double Letter is the color of the old Triple Letter, and Double Word is the color of the old Triple Word. How is that a good change? Not cool, Scrabble...not cool.]

And that was pretty much our day! Oh wait, we also went out and looked at beavers swimming in the lake, but it was too dark for decent photos.


[This is just kind of funny--I was taking a picture of this bird with a moth/butterfly in its mouth...]


[...and then it jumped off the branch while I was taking its picture so it looks like a fake/dead bird here.]

Thanks for sticking with me all this time. I have one more post for what we did on the 4th, and then this series will come to an end. Are you relieved? :)

I hope you've been having a nice weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I love the bold shade of purple on those flowers, and the picture below it with the yellow and green things, I was totally trying to photograph but the branch kept blowing in the breeze and I gave up.

    I totally wasn't bored, it was nice just having a relaxing day to chill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those same two pics Dania mentioned.

    We used to use a lazy Susan (my Aunt Susan despises that term and tries to get everyone to call them "roundabouts" :p) too : )

    The ridges are a really good idea. But changing the colors? Not so much! Why would they do that? So bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was intrigued with your bird with the insect in it's beak, because it looks like the baby birds we've been watching in our back yard. The 2nd picture took me by surprise. That "dead bird" looks so funny!!! As far as the Lazy Susan for transporting the game around the table, I think my dad started that in our family. So I'm not the genius. Thanks,anyway, for the compliment. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you captured that bird - perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dania - thanks, I'm glad you were glad to relax. :)

    Dan - Roundabouts? Ha, I've never heard of that. Ruffles have ridges.

    Mom - Oh, you're still a genius!

    Jennifer - Thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...