Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Independence Day Weekend (Part 6)


[These look like plant fireworks, don't they?]

This is my final post in this series! Are you relieved? :) If you missed the first five posts, you can get to them here:

Independence Weekend (Part 1)
Independence Weekend (Part 2)
Independence Weekend (Part 3)
Independence Weekend (Part 4)
Independence Weekend (Part 5)

Okay. So Dania was leaving on the afternoon of July 4th, so we didn't have a lot of time. We had decided to make a trip out to Multnomah Falls since she had never been and it's pretty close to the airport. Well, apparently everyone decided to go out there for Independence Day, and it was very crowded. There was also a wedding at Bridal Veil Falls, so every free parking space (and non-space) was taken.

Eventually we got to Oneonta Gorge (whatever that is) and found a place to park so we could get out and look around.




The tunnel was the most interesting part, and then you can hike below to a stream. We took a few photos, got to the end of the trail, and then headed back to the airport. It didn't go as I imagined, but we tried. :)




The day didn't feel very 4th of July-y to me, but that's okay. Sometimes it's easier for me to pretend holidays are just regular days, anyway. There were some fireworks going off that I could see from my deck, but I failed to get a decent photo of any of them.

And that was Monday! Kind of a mellow end to this series, but that's exactly how the end of my long weekend felt.



Now we've had another weekend since, which is kind of hard to believe. Work is busy and I feel so tired lately. I feel extremely tired right now, for some reason, and I can't think of a good way to end this post. I'll just end it abruptly.

4 comments:

  1. I'm first again! Yea!! Your 4th of July day was kind of like ours. Dad and I drove home from Santa Rosa after visiting with cousins on Sunday. We were alone for the
    4th. So different from most Independence days. Our girls and grandchildren live in other states. We did not have a party and did not have fireworks. It was laid back and relaxing. Ok, just different. We should have gotten together. Your last photo of flowers looks like fireworks, too. I'm glad that you had a good weekend. Love, Mom and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, this was my favorite post out of your series. I think it was the firework plants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so good with getting your posts done. I have lots of trip posts to make and little time to do them. :( Eventually! :) Thanks for sharing your events with us here -- and yes, those do look like little fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, yes, you are first! You're amazing! K wrote and told me about your weekend with the cousins. :) I still owe her an email.

    Samantha - thanks. :)

    R - Yeah, I just really like doing the posts! And I haven't looked at your photos yet, I'm sorry. :/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...