Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Weekend (Part 1)

Hey, homies. Lately I've been deliberating about my blog and what sorts of posts I'd like to drop, keep or add. I know, I should really get a life. I won't drag you through all of the different thoughts I've had, but just know that I'm working through some ideas and possible changes, so bear with me. Blogging is harder than it seems. Well, at least for an over-thinker like me.


[Dania at the arboretum.]

I had a great Independence weekend with my friend Dania. She flew up from California on Thursday night and we immediately headed up to the Seattle area for a couple of days. She had never been, plus my friend Dan lives there, so I was able to hang out with two of my best friends at once! Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly. Dania and I loved our hotel, our drives were fairly stress- and traffic-free, and the weather was perfect.

As you will see, most of these photos are just snapshot quality. My pride wanted you to know that I know. :) Okay, I'll only make that disclaimer once in this series.


[Our hotel room. BONUS: Our purses.]

After a delish lunch at Suni's (in Shoreline), we made a quick visit to Washington Park Arboretum. Thanks again to Dan for driving us everywhere. It was so nice!


[Lunch. I had a bacon cheeseburger (because I'm a health nut) and Dania had pizza.
Dan had a burger, too, but it looked similar to mine.]


[These are pictures from the arboretum.]




The rest of the day was spent in downtown Seattle, but I'll save that for the next post.

How was your holiday weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Do I get to be the first one to comment? Thank you, Dan, for driving my daughter and her very good friend, Dania, around Seattle. I'm alway happy when Jessica has company from CA and Dania is a good friend of mine too. So, they deserve the best guide. Dan, you must qualify. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Jessica, I like the photos. Dragonflies, turtles, food and all! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, more trip pictures! The hotel is nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute pictures. I'm glad you had fun! Can't wait to read about more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mom! It was my pleasure being the tour guide : )

    How awesome is the turtle? Speaking of awesome, my burger was better because it had bleu cheese ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are better than snapshot quality! Great coloring and lighting!
    Love them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom, you're the first commenter! Yay! Thanks for the nice comments!

    Brenda, yeah I was thinking of you in relation to the hotel. :)

    R, thanks!

    Oh thanks, Samantha. :)

    Erick, well try to get some! You have all sorts of sights up in AK that I don't have, so get photographing and share them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...