Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pancake Party!

I wanted to do something the weekend before Valentine's and ended up deciding on a pancake brunch, inspired both by the awesome pancake recipe I tried, and my friend's New Year's Day brunch. I kept it to girls only, mostly to limit the number since I have a small place. I was very pleasantly surprised when all eight of my invited guests were available to come!

This isn't the world's finest photography, but it's the memories that matter, correcto? I normally wouldn't post this on a Saturday, but I just couldn't wait! :) Thanks for coming, ladies!




Drink station.


P (left) was my assistant ;) and she was so helpful!


My somewhat failed attempt at a heart pancake. I see that this picture is missing the gray border on three sides, but I also see that I'm too tired/lazy to fix it. Oh and how beautiful are those pancakes on the top right? That's it, I'm applying at IHOP.






Oh you're so lucky you get to see my cluttered computer desk. And my laptop was only open because I had music playing. No, I wasn't emailing or anything. :P




I thought it would be fun to have a drawing for a little gift. B won! And wow, how fantastic is my tissue arrangement?! You'd think I was a professional present wrapper.


J has many faces.


See? Here's another.

After pancakes, I brought out some supplies to make Valentines.


I was surprised at the Valentine diversity!






K, for some reason I hardly got any photos of you compared to usual! Weird. Well, we'll make up for it with another portrait shoot soon. :)




N shows off her Valentine while J feasts on glue stick.


I had candy to add to the Valentines because who wants a Valentine without candy??


I think N secretly wants to be in the greeting card biz. :)


M is a rebel with her non-traditionally-colored Valentine.




I told T to show us her tiny cup of tea...I bought those little plastic wine glasses because they are so cute and fun for orange juice! And she had iced tea in one, which I think is practically a crime. Everyone knows iced tea deserves a huge glass. Meanwhile, D designed a Valenshirt!


A closer look at the handsome shirt.


I didn't make a Valentine (yet) because I was all crafted out from decorating.


M got creative and put some of my Real Simple magazines to use (since they are otherwise pointlessly resting under my coffee table).


D's rock star Valentine. The question of the day was: should she add a line of glitter above that red pick?


This is J's "Road to Love." She says that it's a lifelong journey. :P


T sweetly brought me this awesome mug and tea!


And K brought me that chocolate bar. I wasn't expecting presents! And the funny thing about that Divine bar is I had just seen a blogger talking about it this week and was looking at the Divine site. I had never heard of that brand before.

Are you doing anything special this weekend or on Monday? I forgot to ask my parents if they are. Mom and Dad, feel free to chime in.

Since I probably won't post for a few days, happy Valentine's Day to all, and to all a good night!

17 comments:

  1. So much fun!!! Thanks for capturing all of the joy (and my craziness) in the pictures. :) All of your planning and creativity was well worth it...and did I mention I'm coming over for more pancakes next week? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good do those thick delicious pancakes look? Yum!

    J always did strike me as a glue-eater. No surprise there.

    Looks like everyone had a good time! But no pics of our esteemed hostess? : )

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer - You're welcome to come, but can you bring the prepared batter? :D

    Dan - I know you're not surprised I'm not in any of the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures so much! Looks like such a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Dan! :) It explains a lot, though, doesn't it?

    Esteemed Hostess...you need to at least post a picture of your fabulous necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did actually take a photo while I had the "necklace" on, but I don't think I'll be posting it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great time - Happy Valentine's Day! I'm spending mine at a work conference in Dallas...yeehaw. By the by, the video you put together was so awesome - made me all reflective and happy and lonesome - all at the same time! Miss ya, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this looks so fun! I'm so impressed with your talents in coordinating and pulling off events, Jessica. Seriously, that's a gift. (That I do not possess. At all.:P) The food all looks delicious, I love the drink cart set up, and the craft stuff, and everyone looking so happy. Good job, Jessica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holly! I was surprised (and happy) to hear from you. :) I wish you could've come. So you're headed (or in) to Dallas? That's fun--I'm a little jealous, actually!

    simplythis: Oh I didn't really do anything special in coordinating, but thank you. :) It helps that my friends are all super nice, helpful and laid back. I get more caught up in the details than they do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Love this post, the photos, the idea of a pancake party, everything. Fun, fun.

    We are having a party for the kids with some other homeschool families we know. :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute party! :) Loved all your ideas (and photography)! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! It looks like you all had a really good time! Such a fun idea!

    J is so funny with her expressions!

    That one photot of a single pancake in the frying pan looks like it could be on a page in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. R - Thanks!

    Tammy - Hello, welcome to my blog. :) Thanks for commenting! Can I ask how you heard about my post?

    Dania - Thank you! :D And I'm excited to make more pancakes when you and Brenda visit! Pannnnnnncakesssssssssss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the shots; what a fun time you all had together. Some of those ladies are incredibly talented with their Valentine creations! I'm impressed.
    J is cute :) and the glue-stick? My brother use to actually lick glue sticks. It took us a while before we discovered that... hehe. He was little tho.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!! I was thinking of you and hoping everything went well. It looks like a fantastic party on all counts! :D Oh and thanks for the link too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea to have a Pancake Party. Pretty decorations, (love the roses) delicious food, happy-lovely ladies and fun-creative activity. Dad and I went to Pearl on the River in Sac on Sat night. After, we went to The Cosmopolitan Cabaret and enjoyed "A Grand Night for Singing" featuring music by Rodgers & Hammerstein. My cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, that looked like it was alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...