Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Weekend

In 3rd through 5th grade, my teacher* had us write a paper every Monday called "My Weekend." I don't think I liked it much at the time, but now I often write about my weekends for fun. Weird.

This weekend has contained, among other things:

  • a lot of Chuck (finally finished season three--don't say a word about four!)
  • a movie night with some friends (we watched Fool's Gold)
  • a little bit of cooking (chicken before it went bad, sugar cookies for the movie night, potatoes au gratin to satisfy my craving and use up potatoes)
  • some trips to the store (Walmart and Safeway)
  • a few photos (nothing of interest)
  • a generous amount of sun for January
  • me sadly not taking full advantage of the sun
  • a LOT of laundry folding/hanging/putting away
  • cutting out paper hearts
  • a few pity parties
  • beating my best score on Wii 18-hole frisbee golf (-12!)
  • a couple of phone calls to friends
  • lots of procrastinating
  • Coke Cherry Zero
  • duck watching (two types that I hadn't seen since last winter have finally arrived)

I think that sums up my amazing weekend. You are fascinated. Now, how about a few photos? These are from the past week.


The other day it was really foggy, so I took advantage of all the water droplets around. One day I'll have a macro lens. ONE DAY. That's how people get amazing photos like this.






The female Ring-necked duck that was diving around the lake yesterday. The WhatBird page says this: "This species might better be called the 'Ring-billed Duck,' for its chestnut neck ring is usually seen only at close range, while the white ring on the bill can be a prominent field mark." Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Who names these things?

Okay, I've used up enough of your time.

*I had the same teacher for those three grades--it was a mixed class.

5 comments:

  1. See, some of us do read blogs on the weekend. :) I absolutely adore your droplet photos. The duck is nice, too, but the droplets are just so freakin' cute. Am I allowed to say freakin' on your blog. Sorry if I'm offending anyone. I'm in that kind of mood. Speaking of pity-parties ... I've been having some of my own so feel worse for me than you do for yourself. That will cheer you up. Right? :) Hehe. I kid. Sort of. I forget my point. Okay, have a happy week. Me, too. Buh-bye now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the droplets in those photos are adorable! I mean, my photo aside, just the droplets themselves are beauty!

    Yes, "freakin" is allowed.

    I do often feel worse for you. Then I feel worse about everything. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. and one day I will have a MACRO lens too; Macro really is what I love the best. I guess that's common for an introvert like me though. (I'll take nature over people most days)

    The ducks are so cute! and I love the water droplets; you did an excellent job on those!

    Potatoes sound yummy right now.

    I had a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the third photo!

    -12?! Wow, nice! Isn't that like 8 strokes better than your previous record?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha: I love macro myself, but I've gotten more excited about portrait photography because it's just a fun challenge that is so rewarding when you get some good shots. Thanks for the photo compliments. I didn't actually have the greatest weekend, but I'm glad yours was nice. :)

    Anonymous: Thank you and yes, you're correct that my previous record was -4.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...