Thursday, September 16, 2010

Early Fall

Technically it's not fall yet, but around here it seems to start at the beginning of September (or even earlier). I needed to get out today, so I walked around the grounds by my place looking for some fall evidence to photograph.

It wasn't necessarily the smartest idea. There were lots of [garden] spider webs that I couldn't always see, but felt on my face and arms everywhere I walked. One was over the path, and I was so careful to step under it on my way through, but totally forgot about it and ruined it on my way back. I said sorry, but the spider probably gave me the finger.

There also seemed to be a lot of creatures roaming. I almost stepped on a salamander (I guess?)*, and saw/heard lots of movement in the bushes, like animals were around. I know one was a squirrel, but I'm not so sure about the others. My guess is at least one was a mole, since I've seen one before in a similar environment (shady, damp forest).

Okay! Now that you have sat through my important side info, here are a few so-so photos.


Another nice color palette possibility.




Well, that's not very fallish.


Deadness! Yay fall!






Not high on the fall scale, but points for cuteness, don't you think?






Do you like how I end on a summery photo? Well, whatever. Just trust me that it's getting fallish. And there are some trees that are almost completely orange/etc. but none that I photographed. I hope to do some good fall photography outings in the next couple of months, though.

*I couldn't get a non-blurry shot; he was too fast.

2 comments:

  1. I do see some evidence of fall in your photos. I've been spotting small bits like that around here (I mean, not EXACTLY like stuff found in NW, but "small bits" like your photos depict). What I love best right now is that it's still warm during the days, but by nightfall it's definitely sweater weather. It makes sleeping so much more pleasant. Looking forward to more fall photos from you -- my favorite time of year! -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I snorted at the "deadness" comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...