Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Crescent Ring



The other day I made this for some friends and it was really yummy (and pretty!). I used this recipe but altered it a bit based on what I had on hand and my tastes, so here's my version:

2 cups cooked chicken (I cooked it on the stove in olive oil, salt, pepper and some Italian seasoning)
1 cup raw broccoli, chopped
1 T chopped garlic
1 cup cheddar or cheese of your choice, grated
1/2 cup mayo
1 t dill weed (this is approximate--I'm not really sure how much I used)
1-2 T Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
  2. Line a pizza pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
  3. Put all the ingredients (except only half of the cheese) but the crescent rolls into a mixing bowl and stir together.
  4. Separate the crescent rolls and arrange overlapping the large sides of the triangle on the pizza pan.
  5. Spoon the filling in a circle over the dough that is overlapped and then fold the short end of the triangles to the center. Tuck the ends underneath.
  6. Brush an egg white onto the top of the crescent dough.
  7. Bake for about 20 minutes.
  8. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
  9. Bake for about 10 more minutes.

Here are a few more photos to help with construction:









I'm anxious to try out some variations on this recipe (like with an Italian filling), but I'd like to use dough that doesn't have trans fat like this crescent dough does.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks TASTY! But no avocado? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks tasty. Also, it looks like you could serve it with some marinara sauce under or over it to make it more Italian-y. Good job! -R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! This would be a good potluck or small-group recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather put the sauce inside.. I'm not big on ultra saucy things, so I just want enough to make it moist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome. I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...