Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday


[I started this post earlier today and now it's too late to really fill it out with photos, so you're getting the stripped-down version.]

I am still doing my art journaling, but don't plan to post it every day. You'll get caught up soon enough (and you'll be sad I ever started the project!).

I've actually felt a little cranky the past couple of days (I think allergies and poor sleeping are the main contributors), but I've been simultaneously able to see why I shouldn't feel cranky. Here's some of the good stuff:

1. Shopko had a big clearance on all of their plants, so I was able to get a couple of hanging plants for around $5 each! I always wish to have plants to hang on my deck in the summer, but at around $20-40 each, I usually talk myself out of it.

2. The Safeway near me has finally started selling two delicious products: Mexican Coke (aka Coke with cane sugar instead of corn syrup) and raw tortillas! Since I don't have a Costco membership, this makes getting the good tortillas more convenient (for my friend with the Costco membership, at least). As for the Coke, well I don't typically have non-diet soda, but if I do splurge, I might as well go for real sugar.

3. I had a sore shoulder yesterday, and then it was fine. I'm not sure if the pain was from my new pillow or what, but it was bugging me all day and then in the afternoon I realized the pain/discomfort was gone! The nice thing about having pain or sickness is that it makes "normal" feel SO good by comparison.

4. Drugstore.com. I don't buy from them very often, but sometimes I will compare prices on things like hair products. So I ordered some stuff from them the other night, and I discovered they have lowered the minimum order for free shipping, and they gave me great customer service when the free gift I was supposed to get didn't show up on my order. PLUS: My order shipped out on Tuesday and I got it on Wednesday!! That's pretty crazy--that was the free shipping, not expedited.

5. New hair products! (Once again my thankful list is mostly shallow and materialistic.) I've only tried the stuff for one day now, but wow my hair is noticeably curlier and more voluminous (a word I never say). I'll probably tell you what I bought after I give it a bit more time.

6. You guys. I really appreciate that you follow my blog. Even without comments, it makes me happy when people make a point to subscribe/read regularly. :) Thank you.

Okay it's late. Goodnight.

PS Happy birthday June and Deborah! I know I texted you both, but I figured I'd mention it here. If I were a more thoughtful person, I would've included each of you on this list with why you rock!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture and great thankful stuff. Blessings come in the big and "materialistic." :) Nothing is too small to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with R, being thankful for little things is good : ) Appreciating the big things is great but seeing the little bits of happiness is important too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hanging plants is a good deal. Is the photo of one of the fuchsias you purchased?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys!

    Mom, it's not, actually. The photo is from work. I haven't managed to get a photo of my home one with the good camera, but I'll try to soon! The blooms on it are a bit smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. buying plants always makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...