Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday


I don't have time for a big list, but today is my niece L's 13th birthday! I'm so thankful for her. :) :)

L was my very first nephiece. For the first half of her life, she and I lived in the same city (sometimes in the same house!) and I got to spend lots of quality time with her and her younger sister, K. I have a lot of happy memories of watching them grow, and they (along with my other nephieces) are one of my favorite gifts I've received in this life! Being an aunt is a huge blessing. And if I keep talking about this, I'm just going to start bawling. :P

Since she was born before I got a digital camera, I don't have any baby photos handy, but above are some photos over the years. She's the girl of many hairstyles!

I can't do a birthday post for every nephiece on every birthday, but 13's kind of a big deal. Maybe I can start that tradition, at least.

Happy birthday, L. :) :) I can't believe you're now a teenager and taller than me. I can't wait to see you next week (she's coming to visit me!!).

UPDATE: R sent me some baby photos of L!

8 comments:

  1. She's so cute! I love the collage. You are the best aunt to all these nephieces ever, too. They are so happy to have you in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm certainly not the best, but thanks! (PS L is going to ask you about printing her boarding pass.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, okay. Do you know if she needs a photo ID at age 13? I was informed today that she "violently" destroyed her School ID when school got out (K had a good story to tell about it) and I said, "Uh-oh ... I think you need that now that you're 13 to board." L looked very sheepish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R - Ha! She acted like she had it and could use it. :) Guess she was afraid to tell me. Actually I don't think they need ID when you're under 18 (based on some previous research online), but I told her it might be nice to bring it along just in case, and in general it's kind of good to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This presentation kinda made me tear up. Thanks for the sniff!

    And Happiest of Birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures certianly made me tear up! What a great selection of photos of L. Soooo cute! I hope D sees this post. She will be happy to know that she contributed to one of your greatest gifts. You are a wonderful Tia.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting, Tina! :D

    Thanks, Mom--I did tell L and directed her to the link, but I don't know if she loaded it up or if D saw it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...