Sunday, June 24, 2012

Current events: Mom and fish


Happy birthday, Mom! (Can I look like you when I'm 62? Or sooner, even?)


On a sad note, my mom informed me that half their koi died over the past couple of weeks. :( They don't know the exact cause, but there are some theories. Anyway, as my mom said, "I know they are only fish, but it's still sad." It is! One of them (pictured) has been in their pond since 2004 and he was a beauty! RIP Sunflower, Peachy, Mexico, Hanes, Billy Idol, and Dovey. ETA: And now Lemon Drop.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, Happy Birthday, Mom!!!! (Sorry, Jessica, for all the extra exclamations, but they were necessary.)

    Anyway, I was sad to hear about the koi, too. I don't even find myself attaching to animals the way some people do, but still, I know that was something special for Mom and Dad and how disappointing and sad it is for them to lose so many recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R - Well, as I was telling Mom, it's not so much like losing a pet as it is losing a possession that's valuable and technically irreplaceable to you, like a unique set of dishes or even jewelry. They were enjoyable to look at and appreciate each day! It would be like dropping six of your favorite vases all at once, or something. ("Mom's favorite vase! She always said, don't play ball in the house.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jessica.

    That is a beautiful picture of Sun Flower. We'll have to wait awhile before we get anymore koi.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Brady reference, Jessica. :) You make me smile and sometimes, laugh hilariously. :) Laughter keeps me young!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the fishies! And happy bleated birthday mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so sad about the fish! And even Billy Idol! :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...