Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekend


Happy (?) Memorial Day!

I have been in California visiting my parents. I have more photos to show you later, of course--this is just some dessert from tonight. It's been a relaxing weekend of time outdoors, new koi for my parents' pond, catching up on House Hunters episodes, eating delicious food, playing games and chatting it up.

Oh and tonight I said grace before dinner, and I accidentally ended my prayer with "Goodnight," instead of "Amen." And then I very reverently burst out laughing. I guess I was done talking to God for the day!

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm sure God didn't mind : ) He seems like a guy with a pretty good sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once was praying for the group at the end of a bi-weekly Bible Study meeting and before the Amen, I said, "And we'll see you in two weeks..." then I quickly corrected, "Well, I'll talk to you every day, Lord, I was just meaning ... we'll see you all together in two weeks -- watch over all of us till then. Amen." The ladies were all busting up laughing because they hadn't even thought about how funny that was till I backtracked and covered for it.

    One second I was praying to God, the next I was talking to the group.

    Out loud prayers can sometimes lead to hilarity. But God has a sense of humor, too, so I figure He's enjoying it. Totally reverent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooooooooovvvvvvvvve it.

    Also, the dessert looks wonderful. :)

    I once read about a kid saying to his parents: "I figured God gets tired of hearing prayers, so I told him the story of the three bears instead!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!

    Oh man I want shortcake now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...