Sunday, May 6, 2012

Photo mix


Here are a few photos from the past month that I meant to post. This was a deer I saw at my place when I was really looking for beavers.


The next few are from work.


I'm a little obsessed with getting a good fern spiral photo. I think I'll have to go to some old forest to find some really good ones.


I'm not usually into tilted photos, but I ended up liking this anyway.




Of course I had to use the rental camera on some hummingbirds.


A tad grainy, but that's cropped down and the ISO is at 2500. It's so nice being able to crank up the ISO!


Last hummingbird photo!


Switching gears (it always seems a little weird to mix nature and food photos, but I'm doing it anyway), here's a crock pot dish I made the other day. It was fine and has potential, but there were various factors that hindered my enjoyment of it, most of them psychological (I was afraid I had left it out too long, that the salsa was too old, etc.). It's a Thai peanut chicken dish, but I would like to try it again before I link you to the recipe.


And here were the Orange Creamsicle Cookies that I made for a couple of departments at work. I thought they were really good with a little tweaking. I added more orange zest, less white chocolate, and I let the dough hang out in the fridge for several hours so the flavors could marinate a bit. (Marie, I got this tip from that chocolate chip recipe you posted, which I still have yet to try.) Try them! They'd go well with tea. I wish I could make some right now.

Enjoy your week, everyone! Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

  1. Love the hummingbird photo where she's (?) flinging herself at the feeder with reckless abandon. :) Nice capture.

    I think it's hilarious that you move directly from hummingbird pictures to a dish that includes chicken.

    The cookies look so good, but I'm not an orange zest fan, so I'm skeptical. But they look really well made and photographed.

    The deer is cute and I like slanty pictures now and then. But usually I prefer straight lines. I do however like that spiral in the slanty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R - Thanks! Well, at least it's not Thai Peanut Hummingbird. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mr or Mrs Hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know deer are in to photo bombing!

    Those cookies look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a bunch of those fern curls (or spirals) in our fern this year.
    Could Dad and I be developing green thumbs? Cute hummingbirds!
    The cookies look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom, oh really? Are they already unspiraled, or will I see them when I visit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I think they are all unspiraled. I was checking last night:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE curly spiral plants!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...