Saturday, December 10, 2011

Project 52 (25)


Not a great photo, but it's a funny combination of events. I had first just taken a photo of the feeder, with it's frozen "nectar," on the backdrop of the foggy/wintry scene. Then a few minutes later, I had my first customer (first one I had seen since adding more food, at least) and was able to take this. I guess it wasn't completely frozen. Anyway, that's been the scene around here lately: fog and ice. And hummingbirds.

I have more frost photos coming up this weekend. :D I'm sure you're at the edge of your seat.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like your deck is actually enclosed with glass they way that fog is. Cool pic : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still amazed that you get hummingbirds this time of year. Seems too cold for those little guys (and girls). But maybe all that flapping keeps them warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!

    Yeah, it's weird that hummingbirds hang out in the cold when they seem so fragile, but Mom and Dad get them in the winter too. They'll sit there on a branch while it's waving in the wind and rain. It's funny.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...