Sunday, December 11, 2011

More frost


Here are some photos from the other day. It hasn't snowed, but after several days of fog and freezing temperatures, the frost was building up on everything. I've enjoyed it much more than rain!


All of the spiderwebs became strings of ice, and they were much more pronounced on the trees and bushes. You can see it draping down on this tree, and there's a string of web hanging vertically on the right side.





Of course I checked back on some mushrooms, while I was in the area.




More complete spiderwebs.




A mushroom family huddles in fear as a gang of teenagers approaches.


So orange.


The underside.


Cooold little mushrooms.

In other natural news, did anyone see the lunar eclipse? I didn't wake up for it. I'm not even sure how visible it was here with the fog and clouds. I'm a little sad, but I have seen them before, and will see more again.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful frost pictures. Thank you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the frosty web pictures (the mushrooms and un-webbed plants are lovely, too, so they should not be jealous). It made me think about how the spiders must need slippers this time of year to walk around on their icy floors. And then all I could imagine were 8-packs of spider-sized slippers and I couldn't think of much else. Ha! What a thought!

    Anyway, thanks for your photos because they are pretty and entertaining -- although clearly I don't have too much trouble entertaining myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that first picture is pretty crazy! Totally looks like snow.

    You almost had me feeling sorry for the dumb mushrooms with that teenager comment ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the fern ones especially and the spider web is really cool too!

    I saw the Lunar Eclipse! My bro. and I got up around 4 to watch it. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see it come out of the eclipse because of all the trees around us. I did get a few photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, all!

    R - I don't know if the spiders walk around on the icy webs, but I'm sure Spidermart sells various shoes and clothing for such occasions. They probably have 8-packs of those tennis racket shoes. That would be hilare!

    Dan - you know you want to rescue the mushrooms from harm. :)

    Samantha - Wow, I'm impressed you woke up early on a Saturday to see it! I was not so energetic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I don't think I've enjoyed mushroom photos so much. Secondly, frosty spider web?!? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...