Friday, December 9, 2011

Food Friday

It's about time for Food Friday, don't you think? These aren't great photos, but they do represent some activities and recipes I've tried from the past month+.


Some pot roast I made a million years ago.


These don't go together, but whatevs. There's a salmon dinner from I don't know when, and now we're starting the 11/11/11 food photos.

So, I wanted to do something to celebrate 11/11/11. I decided to have some friends over, and when I mentioned it to an online friend of mine who teaches over in South Korea, she told me about Pepero Day. You can go read about it.. I don't really have time to tell you here, but she sweetly sent me a bunch of Pepero cookie sticks to serve at my party! So that's the photo on the right.


For our activity, we made caramel apples!


The cute dishes I have for toppings! (I'm using a lot of exclamation points!) I had actually just gotten those (all four shown) for my birthday, and they worked perfectly.


And here are some of the resulting apples. Yay!


Thanksgiving dinner. Stuffed salmon, smashed potatoes, brussels sprouts and a dinner roll. I could go for this dinner right now, actually.


This is a recipe I saw on Pinterest: Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole. I can't vouch for whether it tastes like the original, since I've never had it. But it was good! And I mixed in some ham and also chives. The only thing I'd do differently is mix it up first, so the sauce doesn't lay on the top.


I made these cookies for a Christmas party. I decided that instead of chocolate chips, I'd make some with M&Ms and some with chopped up Hershey Cookies and Cream bars.


This is Mongolian Beef that I made in the crock pot the other day. It was pretty good, but I might tweak the sauce a little next time. Also, I don't know if they use chopsticks in Mongolia, it just seemed like a nice prop for the photo. :)

Have a great weekend! For me this weekend has to be about Christmas shopping. Yes, I'm one of those who gets a late start. I'll probably be posting a couple of blog entries as well! I know that's very exciting information.

6 comments:

  1. It must be time for me to eat because my stomach is rumbling! that Salmon looks goooood! I haven't had Salmon in ages!

    and the caramel apples are yummy looking.... what a fun project that must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, everything looks so good! Especially the pot roast and the casserole : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Samantha and Dan! Yeah, looking at these photos myself makes me crave certain things. I want more of that hash brown stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food all looks great and the dishes are sooo cute and colorful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. R - I agree that the dishes are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a party for 11/11/11! Maybe I'll do one for the 12's...

    That mongolian beef looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...