Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Books

I saw this cute idea on another blog and totally copied it. Only, mine isn't quite as neat and even as the other girl's, but I'm all about cutting corners where possible. You still get the idea.



A few thoughts...

1. Don't judge me! I read to escape, not to become a lit. professor.

2. I know all Mary Higgins Clark books are the same, but I still like them, and there are always plenty available on audio. I went through a phase where I was rereading some of her books, and I had even forgotten the killer in a couple!

3. These were my first Maureen Johnson books--I enjoyed them and will definitely read more of her stuff.

4. Sophie Kinsella is a good writer, but I'm not consistently impressed with her books.

5. Grace for the Good Girl was very good. I recommend it. I think I need to reread it.

6. Eight of these books were read on my Kindle.

7. Many of these books were audio... I loooove listening to audiobooks while I drive! And yes, they still count!

8. I just barely finished the Mindy Kaling book today. I wouldn't say it was LOL-funny, but it was entertaining and very interesting. She seems like a pretty cool chica.

9. The Barry and Fey books were audio and read by the author, which I highly recommend for that sort of book.

10. I can't remember, now, why I read Rescue Your Love Life. I used to read marriage books when I was a teenager, though, so I guess I was revisiting that hobby.

So did you read anything interesting this year?

9 comments:

  1. Well, Jessica, I think it's great that you read. I count audio books, too. I think I only listened to a few audios and only read The Help (besides my Bible reading), so I'm way behind you. Cute display! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering how Tina Fey's book was ... I love her. I keep wondering if the book would be good.

    Way to go on the reading! My grid would probably consist of like three books for the whole year ... unless maybe I count the stuff I read to the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R - Bossypants is good and funny, but has some crude parts and bad language. However, no one else seems to point that out, so I think I'm just sensitive. I did like it, though, I just wish I could un-hear certain icky things. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun reads there. I want to re-read Grace for the Good girl too. Actually, I don't think I've read the entire one yet.

    Sometimes books would be perfect if they just didn't have a tad bit of crud in them. I usually end up saying, "It was a great book but...." and then I feel like I have to put a disclaimer that no-one under 16 should read it or something...
    That's how I felt about Kathleen Finn's book that I read this year. It was called "The Sharper your Knife, The Less you Cry" http://kathleenflinn.com/books/sharper/

    Overall, it was a great book/bio/life story/inspiration but I cringe at a few paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha - I agree! I feel the same about a lot of songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this method of displaying the books! I might have to steal it from you for my LJ entry soon!

    I read some of these books this year too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great collage type thing!!

    I wish I could listen to more audio books. Naomi talks too much in the car for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the graphic, that's pretty cool! I thought you were trying to become a literature professor though...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...