Saturday, April 30, 2011

Updates

It's been a month since I've posted food photos! I've been terrible about taking them, but I still hope to post them on some Fridays in the future, even beyond this year. I enjoy taking pictures of food sometimes, but then other times it feels what I eat is so repetitive that you've already seen it all.

Anyway, I have purchased a crock pot and have used it several times already! It just happens that most slow-cooked food isn't all that attractive. But here's a non-Friday food picture of some carnitas I made a couple of weeks ago:


The recipe is here. Her photo is better than mine since I didn't have all the extras in my picture.

In non-food news, I took several photos around my home, but most are very boring, so you just get a few:




And remember this little lily plant? It looks like this now:



Finally, yesterday I got to do a portrait session with my friend Jennifer, and I'm very excited to show you my favorites. Here's a a sample:



I'm hoping to post the others on Monday. I figure weekends aren't as popular of a time to read blogs. Am I right or wrong? When do you have more time for blog reading?

I hope you're having a good weekend!

[PS I coincidentally posted this on my Special Minute!]

8 comments:

  1. Read mainly on weekends...or slow weeks, which are practically nonexistent anymore. :) Love the picture of the little birdie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first poll response!! Even though you just told me that yesterday, I'm glad it's now official. :D It'll be good to know what others say.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When do I have time to read your blog? Whenever you write in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to read every time I notice you have a new entry; however I may notice a day late. What kind of bird is that? (cute!) I love the picture of the glassy lake and Jennifer looks darling. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Dan!

    Mom, oh that's okay--just wondering if you have busier or less-busy times to do things like blog-reading.

    Hm.. I don't know, I think it's a type of sparrow. I knew last year but can't seem to find it now. They're pretty common.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have time when I have time. Sometimes weekdays, sometimes weekends. I'm wishy-washy like that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I don't really read on weekends unless someone specifically wants me to look at something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the feedback, Brenda and R!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...