Monday, April 25, 2011

Deepwood Estate

Despite taking hundreds of photos at Deepwood this past weekend, there are still so many more I want to take! I realized later that I had forgotten a few places. I'm hoping to do a portrait shoot there soon, so maybe I can get some more shots of the grounds while I'm there. (Not that I mind an excuse to visit again and again.)


This time I can show you more photos of house and general scene, since the clouds gave me better lighting. I know they rent this garden for weddings--wouldn't it be an awesome place to get married? There are lots of little areas that seem ideal.


Back to close-ups for a bit. I love taking pictures of flowers, as I'm sure many of you do.








There are so many types of plants here. There were lots I had never seen before! I wish they marked them a little better so I can mentally add them to my dream garden.




There are lots of paths that go farther than you think. The tree over the top of this photo is like an evergreen weeping willow. I'm curious what kind it is.






I love these.


I've never been inside the house, but one of these days I will. I'm not as interested in touring inside as I am the outside.


Here's an example of plants I've never seen. These little yellows are adorable.


Mom, I think of you a lot when I'm looking at gardens. You definitely need to come to this one with me sometime!


Okay, sure, I'll take it.










More darlings I've never seen. These were just growing around the forest trails.

I have another set that I'll post soon. :)

6 comments:

  1. That house looks awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I'll get married there!! :) I love that place; it's so beautiful. I've never been there but would love to now that I've seen your photos.

    Cute robin! Birds are hard to photograph sometimes. So flighty ;)

    And I'm a huge flower fan. Well, it's about all I photography in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I'll get married there! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRETTTTYYYYY.

    The yellow ones are lady's slippers, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those first flowers are almost a gingham pattern! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha - yeah birds are rewarding to photograph because you have to be quick!

    Dan, did you purposely use the exact words Samantha did, or is that a coincidence? :)

    Katharine - thanks! Are they? Wow, they don't look like it! Not that I'm a flower expert, by any means.

    Brenda, that's what I said!! Glad I had the right term.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...