Sunday, April 3, 2011

Things I liked this weekend

TANGLED: I rented Tangled on Friday night. Oh my goodness, it was so good! I loved the characters, loved the humor, loved that "Chuck" is the voice behind Flynn and that it's even his singing voice! LOVED the beautiful floating lantern scene. Loved the chameleon and his hilarious color-changing and expressions (pointing at his hand? Killed me!), loved the horse and the way he gives this "duh" expression about the secret passage. Oh man, so good. I'm not saying the movie is perfect--we're meant to root for a thief?--but it's very entertaining. Skip renting it and just buy it. If you don't like it, give me your copy.

WII FRISBEE GOLF: I hadn't played in quite awhile, but turned it on this weekend and didn't do too badly, considering. I so appreciate my Wii, especially when the weather is less-than-awesome.

SPRING BLOSSOMS: I didn't think I'd go see the cherry trees in full bloom at the capitol this year, mostly because I've gone every year since I moved here and have taken the exact same photos. But I was driving and couldn't resist! Especially if it meant putting off grocery shopping. I didn't take many pictures (I wasn't feeling it, plus it was cold and windy), but it was nice to get out and see some flowers.

And this just in....

FINALLY! EMAILED UPDATES: Blogger finally got with the program and made it easy to subscribe to blogs through email! See the box at the top of the right panel where you can enter your email address and get my posts sent to you each time I update.

What were your weekend highlights?

8 comments:

  1. I watched Tangled Thursday night and had to go out and buy it. Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your spring blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wii rules! : )

    Love the upper left pic, very nice!

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still (not so) patiently waiting for my copies of Chuck to show up from la bibliotecha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I almost thought that you were in Washington D.C. Nice photos, as usual. I'm leaving to go out and but Tangled! Thanks. KP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katrina - awesome! I might have to borrow it sometime if I don't get my own copy soon. :)

    Diane, look at you commenting here! Thanks!

    Dan, yeah, it was one of my favorite presents!

    Dan again! There's your blog link! Yeah, I'm impatient for you to watch more Chuck, too! And for me to--I want to rewatch season 2, as you know.

    KP Thanks! Yes, go get it and let me know how you like it. :) I bet your grandsons would even like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Tangled. I actually kind of considered cutting my hair like hers at the end. Although I don't think I could cut mine with a piece of glass and have it turn out so perfectly. ;-) But it's still on my mind...
    -Pami

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...